traveler macro?

ceritus

Premium Member
Reaction score
Apparently redguides has a traveler macro that does almost every traveler that everyone is using.

Is there anything like that available here?

Apparently redguides has a traveler macro that does almost every traveler that everyone is using.

Is there anything like that available here?

That macro was created by Denethor and costs a little bit of money. Nothing here available that I'm aware of.

What's so special that makes it cost? Thanks :rolleyes:

It was made by someone who wants to help pay for his habit?

I haven't seen it but if it truly is a run and forget about it to hit up all the zones there would be a fair bit of time invested in making it work smoothly.

It would be interesting to know if he incorporated the LDoN instances because the rest wasn't too bad.

What's so special that makes it cost? Thanks :rolleyes:

Someone taking the time to code up a well written script that does an annoying and repetitive task. Costs less then what I used to charge people for doing explorer achievements.

He has people that helped with testing with well over 200 hours of testing.

When someone asks "Why should we pay you for your hard work" it makes me lol a little inside. As a developer who charges for stuff I can say definitively that if you offer something free with the option to donate, the chances of someone actually donating are far less than people taking the option not to donate.

Why should a business pay you for your labor? Why don't we all just give everything away.

Truth of the matter is even I was highly uninterested in taking on this project for various reasons that the author encountered along the way. Some of which were it was dependent on specific nav meshes being generated to accompany the macro itself, which means going though and generating and error checking every single mesh for every single zone that you need for the explorer achievement. In addition to the sheer logic that is required to manually navigate from one zone to another zone in a logical chain of zoning where as to optimize the travel time in an efficient manner, while also making it so that the user can turn on the macro and continue to apply effort in other areas. With some expansions taking several hours of nothing but running around to complete. I feel that the effort involved makes the value he place on it seem small. If people were more willing to properly financially accommodate those that can code for the time and effort involve in the creations, then likely new things would be made rather often. While I understand that you are paying for subscriptions for the various services involved in playing EQ, I don't think that should mean that you should select a single group of people to question the reason for charging money, especially when the group of people are the ones that tend to generate more quality of life features for your mq2 pleasures :)

To be sure, this isn't meant to flame you or anything, it's simply meant to make sure you understand that there is a ton of effort involved in making things. Just last night I committed a little over 1500 lines of code (that includes the windows xml file) just to make a window for one of my paid plugins that allows you to tick/untick a box for each of the settings that can be toggled and to create a combo window so you can make a selection from a dropdown, and that window still isn't done yet.

sure was a lot of time and work, under priced if you ask me.If it wasn't for that mac I'm pretty sure I would have never done explorer lol

H there is a ton of effort involved in making things. Just last night I committed a little over 1500 lines of code (that includes the windows xml file) just to make a window for one of my paid plugins that allows you to tick/untick a box for each of the settings that can be toggled and to create a combo window so you can make a selection from a dropdown, and that window still isn't done yet.

I don't know how much work it would take to transition from the EQ windows to those used by Nav but once setup the nav GUI is a real pleasure to work with from a coders perspective.

Sorry folks, just ignore (or forgive) this ol' man ... please

That's why I asked Chat, as many if not most macros are given/debugged, helped w/suggestions, rated & advised, freely. I sincerely wondered why his was so special :rolleyes: as to be other then above. Well hell least he's not asking for rent/leasing pymts for .. damned thing. Sorry I didn't mean :eek: to upset anyone here. I in truth hold very high opinions of the brains/coders we have. Guess I just never considered a macro to be shareware :confused: before.

H there is a ton of effort involved in making things. Just last night I committed a little over 1500 lines of code (that includes the windows xml file) just to make a window for one of my paid plugins that allows you to tick/untick a box for each of the settings that can be toggled and to create a combo window so you can make a selection from a dropdown, and that window still isn't done yet.

I don't know how much work it would take to transition from the EQ windows to those used by Nav but once setup the nav GUI is a real pleasure to work with from a coders perspective.

I considered looking into imgui but ultimately decide to use EQ xml files to generate my window. I've actually added quite a bit to it since I posted.

It has certainly been a labor of love. The logic for the window in mq2 has only gone up to about 800 lines of code itself. But the logic for the xml document is now up to 1305 lines. which is just over 2k lines of code in total.
A lot of the logic in the plugin itself was generated with loops and arrays to reduce the amount of code in the files. But there's 15 checkboxes, 4 input boxes, and 2 combo boxes each of which have labels on the settings page and then there's also the other tab which generates the output for the plugin as opposed to spamming the mq2chatwnd plugin. Windows are quite new to me, so it's been an adventure for sure. But the more I learn the better the content can be. :) Plus I set it up so that I can recycle the window for other plugins like it.

Attachments

• ZerkerWnd.bmp
    294.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited: