Tradeskills to 300

WOOT 300 pottery tailoring and alchemy...man I love this potion :p

So I'm guessing the TS macs are finally broken?

So I'm guessing the TS macs are finally broken?

To reason to really use them anymore, especially with the potion. Just use the combine mac and go afk, come back to 300 skill :) No need to even change recipes, just use one that will get you all the way to 300.

Unless combine.mac is broken too?

Can confirm as well that the combine mac is still good - used just a few days ago.

Note that while combine mac works fine, getting from 200-250 to 300 in a skill can still take about 45 minutes using the potion, combine mac and 450+ skill-up recipes. I'd suggest getting your skills to as high over 200 as you are willing using commonly available items before popping the potion because it still takes the system awhile to do the 1700-odd combines (or whatever it is) to get from 250 or so to 300. I got all my skills over 200 on one toon, then ended up spending about 15-18 hours farming/prepping various mules to have everything right at hand and it still took two potions to get the remaining skills maxed (was already 300 in two).

Note that for fletching, depending on on the recipe you use (I used one that was ~315 and another that was ~345, IIRC), the success rate was so high going from 282 to 300 that using the potion didn't really net much benefit - particularly with how easy it was to get horse hoofs and to forage treant branches. So I would leave that one until last if you want to maximize the bang for the buck of a potion. Better to do that one without using a potion than, say, brewing.

What two fletching recipes did you use that had trivials of 315 and 345-ish?

So let me get this straight... you put the lime in the coconut and drink them both together?

So, using the combine.mac and the marketplace potion, I would be able to achieve 300 in any respective tradeskill relatively easy?

Combine mac + materials to make about 10 items with high trivial + potion = win.

So let me get this straight... you put the lime in the coconut and drink them both together?

So, using the combine.mac and the marketplace potion, I would be able to achieve 300 in any respective tradeskill relatively easy?

Combine mac + materials to make about 10 items with high trivial + potion = win.

It's a little more complicated than that, especially if your toon was max aa's and you bought the TS aa's. Those aa's make it so that, if maxed, you have like a 50% chance of successfully combining any combine, regardless of trivial. That means that even with a potion and a super high trivial item you'll probably run out of 10 items worth of materials long before you ever hit 300. When I went from 190 smithing to 300 in one potion shot I went through a few hundred ores, at least.

I always prefered to use the automated TS macs so I could run it while I was afk lol. Ah well, I've lost all interest in EQ. IF I ever come back, it'll prolly be to an emu server that is still close to the old days like P99.

It's a little more complicated than that, especially if your toon was max aa's and you bought the TS aa's. Those aa's make it so that, if maxed, you have like a 50% chance of successfully combining any combine, regardless of trivial. That means that even with a potion and a super high trivial item you'll probably run out of 10 items worth of materials long before you ever hit 300. When I went from 190 smithing to 300 in one potion shot I went through a few hundred ores, at least.

Good point.

The char I planned to do this on is max on tradeskill AA's. Any recipe suggestions? I would be looking for one of each crafting type, including Spell Research if there's one out there for that as well.

No reason to waste a $10 Draught of the Tradesman on getting to 300 in brewing. Just make Kaladim Constitutionals from like 250-300. Leave an alt picking mushrooms for like 3 days.

There are a bunch of easy, cheap routes to 250 (I made minotaur hero's brew).

I just recently (past 5 months) took all the Dark Elf tradeskills to 300 (except for Fletching, thiat one burns). The only ones I used a Draught of the Tradesman on were Smithing and Jewelcraft.

Best way??

Whats a good combine for Fletching, researching for war and jewelcrafting? I ended up getting Jewelcrafting up to 203 while doing brewing but kinda stumped on where to go that would be somewhat fast that i can sell back to get alittle plat back.
Figured I would do fletching last or researching last as not sure its even worth a war doing it (researching).

Last edited:
a couple of the TS macros I will be building in some recipies i think are easy to do..

an example is using air-infused spring water for pottery... and coarse salt and mushrooms for baking.. there are others.. but basically i will be chaning the macros so it will check items in inventory and if you have them it will do the high end combine...

JC uses Diamonds and BDs right now.

And if ... DKAA fix works we will have expiremental containers back in actions.

ARMY

Whats a good combine for Fletching, researching for war and jewelcrafting? I ended up getting Jewelcrafting up to 203 while doing brewing but kinda stumped on where to go that would be somewhat fast that i can sell back to get alittle plat back.
Figured I would do fletching last or researching last as not sure its even worth a war doing it (researching).

For fletching, best is probably:

- Composite Treant Laminate Recurve Bow Staff
- Desiccated Treant Laminate Recurve Bow Staff
- Oak Treant Laminate Recurve Bow Staff

And the bows you can make from those.

Two types of treant branches can be foraged in Takish Hiz. Hose hoofs can be hunted in Dragonscale Hills.

Gonna do some potions during the Labor Day weekend Sataion Cash sale (some people think it'll be 3x SC, could just be 2x but there should definitely be a sale as it was accidentally leaked or something)

Anyway already did Fletching/Pottery

Gonna do the Tantalum Bracer Mold for Smithing (bought 400 or so Tantalum Ores in Baz for pretty cheap) and the Exquisite Leather Wristband for Tailoring (buying up silks/pelts) .. so I'll just stockpile every ingredient for both and get to work once I have the potion running.

For baking I've been running fish2 mac in Argath and have about 200 Raxil Fish at the moment.. I'll get 400 or so then that should take me to 300 with the Broiled Raxil Fish. Cheapest one probably.

Any ideas for jewelcraft cheaper than buying Alaris Gemstones but also not farming? I am running the macro right now that should take me up to 286 so I shouldn't need more than a few hundred components as long as the trivial is high enough.

Brewing I'll probably do Clear Absinthe to 250 then Chronal Absinthe to 300 as I have a bunch of resonance dusts left over from Pottery & from farming in Kaesora.

Thanks for all the helpful info in this thread btw.

You can make diamond / Blue diamond jewellery to 300 skill buying from venders, there should be a endless supply of diamonds in guild lobby. This way is a little expensive up front, but you sell the items you make for about the same as what you have invested, the worst part is they don't stack and you need to sell them back to recover your investment.

You can also do similar things at a lower skill to get it up for less cost along with making "gold" instead of "platinum" jewellery.
EQTC - Item: Platinum Fire Wedding Ring ---- Opal fire rings - goes to 268 skill and opal is much cheaper to buy then diamonds.

EQTC - Item: Platinum Diamond Wedding Ring --- Diamond - good to 287

EQTC - Item: Platinum Blue Diamond Tiara -- Blue Diamond - good to 297

EQTC - Item: Velium Blue Diamond Bracelet --- Blue Diamond Velium - good to 300, but must buy from Kaladim.

Hope that helps, "easiest" way threw the mid 200's is the different "raw" gems listed, but at least for me as of late these have been hard to find in large supply from Bazaar, however, with the turn in for Abysmal Sea, you do get a 2 /1 return on the raw gems for combines.