Tower of Discord - Event 2

EQLover711

Reaction score
Hey guys i was wondering if anyone can offer some helpful tips for beating this event. We seem to have DPS issues. I am not sure if we just need more DPS as a guild but right now were are comfortably getting up to the Ixt. We can kill the first wave and kyv no problem, but our issue seems to be balancing DPS between the ixt and adds. what tends to happen is once we get the Ixt to 50%ish the 3rd wave of adds spawn then its pure chaos from there. We also have 2 to 3 enchanters AE stunning the adds until they get locked down. We are also having everyone bandolier weapon types depending o the mobs.

Some personal idea's of mine are to set a "dps" group with all 6 bane weapons and have them focus on killing adds while everyone else DPS's named.

Not really sure where we are going wrong besides not having enough DPS as a guild.

Any strategies you guys personally use would be helpful and i will obviously try to modify them based on our personal setups.

When asking questions please post in the questions area. I'll move this thread there for you.

Thanks

what i always did was have your 6 bane people and knights and chanters start dealing with the adds when they spawn, leave everyone else on the named till its dead then they can help on the adds, but yeah you are going to get adds when the trophies are up, its part of the event

People shouldn't have to bandolier, maybe that is your problem.

Monks/Beastlords should have h2h weapons (which I am told works the same as blunts in regards to mob weakness? Anyone know?) or at least decent 1hbs.

Rangers should have either good blunts, slashers or piercers one, but we usually give them the bane weapons.

Rogues obviously should have good piercers.

Beyond that, though, the fight really is a DPS race. If you don't have the dps to really get the trophies down and some decent tanks to pick up the adds so your dps don't get stomped then you are gonna have problems.

We don't use enchanters on the adds as far as I know, we have two or so pretty good shadowknight players that can pick up the adds pretty quick as soon as they spawn. One tip though, when they spawn, instead of leaving everyone on the named we usually have our bane weapon players move to the adds immediately. Also, maybe pick your best/smartest player with each weapon type and have everyone else /assist them (we don't assign this, but most of us do it automatically)

If you can clear the first wave before the first mini you have enough dps to beat that event. Bane people stay on trash when mini goes active all others dps minis. Starting ur burn on like #3 mini helps catch u back up if you fall behind and continue ur burn onto #4. Once the final 2 minis up its pretty easy from there as long as u keep them in place of eachother.