The First Corruption task

Hopeless

Reaction score
Is this final group task in Convorteum zone still available for 12 players or patched down to 6 players now?

The First Corruption

So we did this mission and thought the first wave was never going to end. Then all of a sudden it did, no idea why. We went forward with this mission and beat it with 15 mins left to spare. We attempted it again a few nights later and the first wave just never stopped spawning...We finally left the mission with less then an hour left and wave 1 still spawning. Attempted it again today, and left the mission again with a little over an hour left and wave 1 just kept spawning. We tried different things. Kept mobs by Delth and killed them, Made sure all of first wave to pop where killed first and by Delth..First time we went in, we cleared zone area as Argnus, Belas, Grodnis and Delth became active. Second time we cleared zone up to Reclamation room before hailing..Third time did mezz and clear. IS this bugged or are we missing something? Please help with any info you can on this mission!!

Delpth has an aggro list, kill everything on her aggro list. If stuff is around her, she will not weave her spell, if something hit her and then went and beat on another mob, she still wants to kill it, so it needs to die. If another mob tashed, maloed anything and it hit her, it needs to die.

Or take an enchanter to mem blur the wench.

Anyone care to tell me what you are supposed to do on the 3rd wave. My wife made me come to bed at 1 in the morning because I didn't realize this mission takes so long to do.

I know the named is in the lava and there's about 5 grekans around it. What I don't know is what to do next. I pulled the 5 Grekan with my monk, but my enchanter friend someone managed to not lock them down and they raped our groups. Right about then wife aggro hit and I had to log.

Strat rundown

Here is a rundown of this mission...to make it EASIER. After several attempts at this, hubbyand myself where finally able to get a routine down and beat it with 2 1/2 hours left to mission. First off dont clear anything. When your forming "groups" for this, there are key players in it. When we run threw it we have monk, cleric, warrior, 2 wizzys, shammy, and chanter, and sometimes a SK. When you zone in, get your group up to the room where Belsa and Grodnis are at. In the corner by Grodnis is safe point. If you go in there, its to the left of Grodnis. Monk hails Argnus. He moves, if he attacks a mob in the room, monk mezzes and FD's. Argnus moves up ramp. Argnus fights mob in room, monk mezzes, and FD's. Make sure monk mezzes the target Argnus is on, he will loose aggro frm them and move on. Argnus then moves up ramp. If he hits the roamer, monk mezzes. He moves into the room where all those stinky adds are. This is where your wizzy/cleric/warrior comes in handy. If you have enough for a campfire, drop it. Wizzy gives warrior a TL. Warrior either uses Fort or DA from cleric. Then runs around the room and gathers all the mobs, the mob that Argnus is fighting will not move, and runs down to bottom floor (We drop down to the hand) and when mobs are there takes TL. CHanter mezzes mob on Argnus. Argnus them moves to Belsa. Rinse and repeat with monk/warrior. Mobs clear mezz the one on Belsa/Argnus, they move to Grodnis. Rinse repeat DA/TL and mez and next thing you know they are moving up ramp to Delth. This cuts clearing time wayyyy down. Took us almost 2 hours just to clear the first 2 times we did this. DOing this we cut it down to 45 mins. (Having to wait for campfires). When you get all 4 NPCers to Reclamation room, dont touch any mobs. Let them run to NPCers and reset. Then take chanter and ae mez the mobs on Delth. I stand across from Delth on the little nook and do it. Keep em mezzed until she gives off a "shout" that she has gained enough power. And kill the wave. When that is done, go and kill the memphit servants. THen remezz he telimars on Delth until you get the emote again. Once you get it, kill that wave. At that time the greken spawns pop and Grogex is alive in the lava. This is where we use and abuse an SK. He Harmshields or whatever it is he does, pull the grekens from under Groken while wizzys nuke the poo out of Grogex. Gro does NOT summon, so just drop into the lava and nuke. WHen they have enough aggro monkie drops down and does her thang. Poof hes dead. Kill the greken spawns. End of wave 3. Next wave is a namer. Just have wizzys nuke and keep aggro. He doesnt summon and memblurs himself. When hes dead the namer pops. Hail, kill and you win. Easy!! Of course it took us a few trys to get this strat down, and I suggest if you dont have this set up, or are able to do this, dont attempt to bother doing it. Also when all waves are attacking the 4 NPCers, thats when ur nukers/dotters are doing the damage, dont tank em!! Good Luck! Its actually easy after you figure it out!! lol

Good Luck!

Last edited: