The aa change in the patch

devestator

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We knew it was coming obviously but I did not know about this part

- AA points banked are now limited to 30 even when you are shrouded.

I'm wondering if this is going to mean if you would normally gain say 50 aas when you unshroud, that its only going to give you 30 now. Or if its the same thing already in place where if you shroud with 30 aas it will give you the message everytime you get xp saying you can't bank anymore aas.

EDIT:

I found a post from a dev on the subject
Greetings, I just wanted to make a post to give warning that as of Tuesday's patch, you will be capped at 30 banked AA when you leave a shroud. Most of you probably noticed this in the Test patch notes, but I figured I would call it out explicitly to make sure you were aware it is coming Tuesday.
I am aware we will eventually need to do something to give a better indication of when you are hitting the cap while shrouded. But that will not be in Tuesday's patch.

Can we say PAIN IN THE ARSE???

I've been getting around 50+ aas a night with my 75 monk shrouded to 55 and grouping with my magebot. Now of course this is not legit, but it does mean that this is not an unreasonable amount to obtain by someone doing it legit. But now the player will be punished and simply deprived of xp they should be receiving. Bah! And to make it worse obviously from what he is saying there is no way to know when you hit your limit while shrouded. This is a pretty stupid move on their parts imo.

I'll never understand why the need for a 30 aa cap anyway. If someone wants to bank 2000 aas, I really dont see why you shouldn't let them.

if idiots didn't abuse the shrouds they wouldn't of had changes. You shouldn't be pissed off its been on test for over a month now and was post here about it.

not mad

im not even close to mad about it but, i do agree if you want to save over 30aa why shouldn't you be able to? only thing i can see this doing is hurting aa sellers/buyers.

im not even close to mad about it but, i do agree if you want to save over 30aa why shouldn't you be able to? only thing i can see this doing is hurting aa sellers/buyers.

If they were smart they would just spend them as many require a list. But most company's are gonna bitch, whine and moan and now lose money because they have to raise their prices. HAHA fuck you Chinese sellers.

Because it allowed you to get around the teiring of AA exp. You could theoretically have 3kaa based of 0AA points.

They should have just had AA spent + AA banked = AA exp formula instead of AA spent = AA exp formula

and the banked AA cap, imo, is to stop people banking 1kAA. if you maxxed AA and then banked 600, as soon as the next expansion was out, you would just hit the cap right away. this way, you have to go XP in the new zones, explore etc etc etc.

Because it allowed you to get around the teiring of AA exp. You could theoretically have 3kaa based of 0AA points.

They should have just had AA spent + AA banked = AA exp formula instead of AA spent = AA exp formula

and the banked AA cap, imo, is to stop people banking 1kAA. if you maxxed AA and then banked 600, as soon as the next expansion was out, you would just hit the cap right away. this way, you have to go XP in the new zones, explore etc etc etc.

I agree on both of these. People getting 500aa banked before having to level again was basicly bullshit. Then again people would exp in shroud for a month before a new level raise and get a full level or more when unshrouding.

Thinking about this over the last few days and came up with an idea.

Doesn't Magelo Sync keep up with your AA totals (banked & spent)? Would that be a way to monitor saved AA in shroud? What I mean is, say you have an alt. Sync their profile every so often and it should tell you how many AA are unspent. It also adds the possibility of a value-added benefit for AA sellers.

Magelo's base premium program only allows for 3 accounts to be listed & sync'd on a Magelo account (far as I know, unlimited characters but from only 3 EQ accounts). You can pay $25 for 5 more account slots (for a total of 8 accounts). If the Sync method works, you could add a "free" Magelo premium account with every order. Allows a person who might've used their 3 (or 8) slots (*cough*) a fresh Magelo account for the newly AA'd toon.

Anyone wanna see if Sync tracks AA count while shrouded?

the way my UI works, im able to see how much im getting per kill... until my bar reaches 100% then i gotta wait till i unshroud. so i know it isnt calculated on Unshrouding..

Goood idea Rem !

the way my UI works, im able to see how much im getting per kill... until my bar reaches 100% then i gotta wait till i unshroud. so i know it isnt calculated on Unshrouding..

Goood idea Rem !

I believe the reason the reason you can track AA exp while shrouded up to 100% but doesn't tilt back down to 0% and start again is because you can gain that AA exp, however you don't actually "level" your AA's until you unshroud. IE you do recieve said EXP while shrouded, but you won't level until unshrouded. so you could technically have 2000% AA exp but you wouldn't recieve your 20 AA"s until you unshroud. Perhaps the CAP of 100% AA exp is hiding actual AA exp. not sure if this is helpfull to you, but hopefully explains why your not reading past 100%

Reason for this is more then likely because said shroud you choose is level locked, in order for your character to recieve credit for this your shroud cannot be "granted" the levels, and your actual character is suspended and can't assign abilities/AA/Levels until unsuspended