stealth and looting

Sassycoco

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of people do this. It is a very bad idea to stealth and loot iteams in the middle of some ones camp they can see you

I'm seeing a lot of people do this. It is a very bad idea to stealth and loot iteams in the middle of some ones camp they can see you

It's just fucking morally wrong. It is stealing. It's one thing to fuck Sony / hack Sony's games, it's completely different to steal / fuck over the players.

It's just fucking morally wrong. It is stealing. It's one thing to fuck Sony / hack Sony's games, it's completely different to steal / fuck over the players.

Some people think they are either More deserving for what ever reason. Or invincible neither is the case...

This is definitely not safe to do and will definitely get you reported, id report your ass instantly if u did it to me, with as much info as i could possible give them to help aid in finding something logged to ban your ass.

I mind my own business in eq mostly i see tons of exploits/warps etc being used by other players who must think they are the minority or something cause they blatantly warp around to camps etc even with ppl inzone or worst at the camp they warp too.. i just ignore these idiots. but if some one was infringing on my "virtual rights" i would definitively speak up

cheating the man is one thing but stealing from your fellow gamer is awful

You do of course realize that every single MQ2 user is a fucking dirtbag cheater that is fucking over their fellow players right?

Can that other poor sap see every spawn on the map? Can he get a pop warning the second a named spawns? Can he just look at his map and instantly see where everyone has setup camp without doing an /ooc camp check!? Can he chain thru 5 zones in two minuets to get where he needs to go? Can he /gate or /fade to get out of trouble in an emergency? No, he doest have all those cool CHEATS that we have and so we have AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE over them all and we are dirty cheaters! Get used to it and dont try to feel better about yourself because "I only cheat a little bit!" Whatever.

As for the low life scum bags that would steal from another player on TOP of already being a dirty cheater....there is a special place in hell for you!

You do of course realize that every single MQ2 user is a fucking dirtbag cheater that is fucking over their fellow players right?

Can that other poor sap see every spawn on the map? Can he get a pop warning the second a named spawns? Can he just look at his map and instantly see where everyone has setup camp without doing an /ooc camp check!? Can he chain thru 5 zones in two minuets to get where he needs to go? Can he /gate or /fade to get out of trouble in an emergency? No, he doest have all those cool CHEATS that we have and so we have AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE over them all and we are dirty cheaters! Get used to it and dont try to feel better about yourself because "I only cheat a little bit!" Whatever.

As for the low life scum bags that would steal from another player on TOP of already being a dirty cheater....there is a special place in hell for you!

No one ever said anything about whether or not it was right or wrong to cheat, the discussion here was regarding stealing from other players. You are right, we do have an unfair advantage over other players. However, me being able to chain zone is stealing nothing from player X, me seeing my named that I'm camping spawn on the map is not stealing from player X, me using /gate is not stealing from player X.

I think its a matter of relativity.

When I'm /gating to get out of zones without spending plat on gate pots, or using the map to pull, or ganking TS items in an empty zone, I'm not really hurting anyone. Sure, I'm using MQ2 to my advantage, but I'm not directly pushing a negative situation on another player. Also, if I use macros and MQ2 to experience afk in an out of the way camp, even if I max out my exp on all toons, I'm not directly negatively affecting anyone.

Now, if I warp on top of a corpse of a named killed by a different group, loot an item, and /gate or run off, then that is DEFINITELY affecting other players, and is deplorable. The people who worry about other people's experience rate/etc are measuring e-peens and not really taking a hard look at what is and is not affecting them in a relative manner.

Not every MQ2 user is screwing over other players.

Are you saying we're ALL going to hell... just not to the special place in hell??? :eek::eek::eek:

And to all of those who contend that using MQ isn't screwing over "ordinary" (i.e. non-cheating) players.... get REAL! Anything that gives one player an unintended advantage over another player is screwing over those who don't have that advantage. It's a zero-sum game, people. This isn't like saying if I go thru a red light at 2 in the morning, nobody's being hurt by me breaking the law. If you /gate or /warp and get to a zone faster, then you get to a camp spot before the non-cheaters. You get the camp and the nice loot... they do NOT. Therefore you screwed someone over. It may not always be one specific person but in the big picture you did. Cheating is by definition screwing over other players.

Now do I lose sleep over it? No. But I don't gloss it over by such lame reasoning.