SoF expansion pricing question

americanauto

Reaction score
Okay, i upgraded my currently active 2 accounts all the way to TBS right before SoF came out....now...Sony STILL wants 40 bucks each to upgrade the account.s...BUT ...i can easily buy all 14 expansions plus the free 30 days for 30 bones to start new accounts...with the high likelihood that the next expansion will be coming out in the fall, I'm kinda at a crossroads of trying to decide whether to upgrade my accounts yet, and where to get just that expansionX2 the cheapest...someone said they used amazon and got it for 15 bucks..but idk..i dint see quite what i was looking for there when i checked..anyone got any recommendations?

SoF account you can get for 30$ now at newegg.com. I would upgrade now SoF was a pretty decent expansion. They also said they will only be doing 1 expansion per year now instead of every 6 months.

Okay, i upgraded my currently active 2 accounts all the way to TBS right before SoF came out....now...Sony STILL wants 40 bucks each to upgrade the account.s...BUT ...i can easily buy all 14 expansions plus the free 30 days for 30 bones to start new accounts...with the high likelihood that the next expansion will be coming out in the fall, I'm kinda at a crossroads of trying to decide whether to upgrade my accounts yet, and where to get just that expansionX2 the cheapest...someone said they used amazon and got it for 15 bucks..but idk..i dint see quite what i was looking for there when i checked..anyone got any recommendations?

There will definitely be an expansion in Nov./Dec. Now, if that expansion will include all previous like SoF did, noone can tell you that man.

cool...thanks for the advice..didn't think to check neweggs pricing....but since it's the same as best buy...I'll probably just run down there and grab a couple for the 2 new accounts i want to start...but still..I'm just trying to find a place to by the activation code times 2 for the SoF expansion only...lol..I'm cheap..i know i shouldn't be but considering the way sony like to extort its loyal players for crap like this..i think i have every right to be! haha

You can buy SoF alone from Station.com but it cost the same price as SoF + all expansions.

There will definitely be an expansion in Nov./Dec. Now, if that expansion will include all previous like SoF did, noone can tell you that man.

That's incorrect. They announced with SoF that all future expansions would be all inclusive and would include every previous expansion.

awesome..

good to know that...cuz i was looking for just such an announcement but couldnt find...thanks...guess i'll stick to tss and tbs and PoP crap till next one comes out then...thanks sooooo much for the invaluable info!

That's incorrect. They announced with SoF that all future expansions would be all inclusive and would include every previous expansion.

Ahh, word. Good to know Cuda. Thanks man.

I was in the same boat, I got that 19.99 package when I came back to play with friends, thinking that I could just pay 19.99 later to get the 14th expansion, thats when I learned they wanted 40 for it still. it really is a bs move on there part to do that, I kept checking on ebay and got it for 25$ shipped, which isnt ideal, but ya goutta do what ya goutta do, so you may want to go that route.

The bundled packs are better for the game due to easily allowing new players access to the EverQuest world. Sure it's $40, but they are only putting out 1 expansion a year now and the scope of the expansions are fairly big. So instead of paying $20 twice a year for two smaller expansions, you pay $40 once a year for 1 big expansion. Regardless, if it was $50 twice a year it would still be a good entertainment investment.

Plus the fact that SoF was one of the better expansions in recent years. Well worth the price in my opinion :)