snow unappreesh

kirbanmanaburn

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Seriously, I don't know what's worse -- all this snow, or the fact that Americans haven't the slightest clue how to handle it.

I lived in Northern British Columbia for a while, and in a lot of places it was pretty much a given that 2-3 feet of snow were going to fall every other day. Plows did their job and people went on with their lives.

When it snows here, everything closes and people make a run on the supermarkets. WTF is wrong with you people?

And where is all this snow suddenly coming from? El Nino or whatever?

My biggest problem with snow is women, and their complete failure at being able to comprehend driving in it.

But yeah, i went to the grocery store the other week they were calling, and im not exaggerating, for a 30% chance of 1 inch of snow that would melt out the next day. At the grocery store i saw several people buying several(4-8) gallons of milk and loaves of bread.

Srsly. I mean srsly.

In my city this winter has provided us much more snow then we have had in a long time, but me personally instead of going to the store i just order a pizza and eat left overs! Because one day it will snow and be a high of 20 degrees and the next day it will be a high of 50 and sunny! But this winter has been different for us but I like cold weather so /shrug!

Seriously, I don't know what's worse -- all this snow, or the fact that Americans haven't the slightest clue how to handle it.

I lived in Northern British Columbia for a while, and in a lot of places it was pretty much a given that 2-3 feet of snow were going to fall every other day. Plows did their job and people went on with their lives.

When it snows here, everything closes and people make a run on the supermarkets. WTF is wrong with you people?

And where is all this snow suddenly coming from? El Nino or whatever?

you can't compare the two. the problem is, in BC they are aclimated to having large amounts of snow. As in that area that is getting hammered right now isn't. I mean this last summer in the Pacific NW we had a few weeks of around 100 degree weather. A lot might think "shit thats not bad we get that all the time" Ok... you might but you have AC machines everywhere, fans in every damn room. i'd say 80% of houses here don't have AC. We don't need it so when that weather hit us, people were passing out of heat strokes and all sorts of things.

nice way to label all american's though. Typical.......................

I think kirban has just been having a bad day also /nod

It's because snow doesn't always make the kind of appearance that it probably does in Europe. Removing it is a business and preparing for it costs money too. Some places find it hard to determine whether the snow will turn to rain and vice versa and how much will actually fall. That's why people wait to the last minute to do something about it. They want to insure that they don't over-prepare and spend too much for an amount that doesn't really need the maintenance.

Where I'm from in the east coast, they haven't seen snow like this for 15 years.

next day. At the grocery store i saw several people buying several(4-8) gallons of milk and loaves of bread.

Srsly. I mean srsly.

I dont understand why they would be buying that much milk if they think they are gonna be stuck for a while, milk goes bad in like a week~

I don't know what the issue is! I would much rather have 18-34" of snow then the -20 degrees that we get most of the time here in Michigan! To me, snow fall is like pennies from heaven; Time to go shovel them up now!

Well, I'm American. I've lived in Canada, but I'm from Washington DC.

This is how New Yorkers behave in the snow:

1. Woman screaming at another woman and crying and otherwise carrying on in front of my apartment as the snow piles up. Finally I can't take it anymore and I go outside and I ask her if she's going to be OK. She tells me to go fuck myself.

2. Guy in grocery store parking lot in his huge, rear-wheel drive Buick (yeah, great idea, take that car out in 24 inches of snow) asks me for a push. I tell him to roll down the hill with his wheels turned until he's pointed at the other exit from the parking lot so he doesn't have to drive up hill to get out. I push, he doesn't take my advice and skids all the way into a chain link fence, taking it out.

Well, I'm American. I've lived in Canada, but I'm from Washington DC.

This is how New Yorkers behave in the snow:

1. Woman screaming at another woman and crying and otherwise carrying on in front of my apartment as the snow piles up. Finally I can't take it anymore and I go outside and I ask her if she's going to be OK. She tells me to go fuck myself.

2. Guy in grocery store parking lot in his huge, rear-wheel drive Buick (yeah, great idea, take that car out in 24 inches of snow) asks me for a push. I tell him to roll down the hill with his wheels turned until he's pointed at the other exit from the parking lot so he doesn't have to drive up hill to get out. I push, he doesn't take my advice and skids all the way into a chain link fence, taking it out.

Oh yea NYC hasn't seen snow like that since the 90s man. I'm from NJ (the western and cleaner part) and most the time snow would disappear before hitting NYC. Use to live in Brooklyn too. Wish I was there to see the chaos. NYC people can be hilarious.

LoL.. I'm not sure where in NY you live but its not the NY I live in lol.

My biggest problem with snow is women, and their complete failure at being able to comprehend driving in it.

How is this different than them driving on a sunny clear day all alone on the road?
Like they can drive any better then. Pffftttt!

BB

Windsor Terrace. It's on the far side of Park Slope, between Prospect Park and the Greenwood Cemetery.