Simple Chain casting macro

klairic1

Reaction score
Hey all. I played a few years back and just got back into it. I have a few toons that need to raise their casting skills and was remembering something like /chaincast gem13 or something like that that recast a gem over and over again when it became available to raise, say Divination on a cleric, or similar.

I tried using /casting "true north" gem13 -recast | 1000 and every combination of that mq2cast combination I could come up with but cant get it to work properly. it casts once and stops.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, or just help me with the proper mq2cast line set up it would be appreciated.

I could swear /chaincast gem13 was a thing lol. I swear I used it in raids in the past on a cleric bot w/mt targeted lol.

Maybe it was a special macro someone put together for me at the time.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Here is a super simple macro that will chain cast gem 12. If you want to use a different gem, simply change the 12 on line 3 to whatever gem number you want.

Code:
sub main
:loop
/cast 12
/delay 1
/autoinventory
/delay 1
/goto :loop
/endm

Thanks for the quick replies. It works just fine for what i need, and easy to modify for other purposes, so thank you very much.

I did a bit more looking, knowing there were others out there more comples, wondering why I wasn't finding them. I found Skillz.mac maybe what you are thinking of, Em.

Anyway, thank you again, what you made me is perfect.

I appreciate it.

/plugin mq2twist

/twist 1 2 3 4

tada

when maxed, twist off

do alteration divination conjuration , for evocation make you are in a zone where u can nuke self or pet etc

Last edited:
What I personally use/prefer:

Code:
Sub Main(param)
/if (${Me.CurrentMana}>${Me.Gem[${param}].Mana} && !${Me.Casting.ID} && ${Me.SpellReady[${param}]}) /cast ${param}

+/- loops and medding etc, but ye.
Allows you to modify what spellgem number you want to cast on the fly without having to take into account anything else

i also just use one of the many simple macros that are posted around and findable with a quick search. it will skill up until capped all skills/abilities that you have or spells you have memmed.

Attachments

• Skills.mac
    4.1 KB · Views: 14
/plugin mq2twist

/twist 1 2 3 4

tada

when maxed, twist off

do alteration divination conjuration , for evocation make you are in a zone where u can nuke self or pet etc

This actually doesn't work to well, if there are variations in recast timers on the spell gems.

You guys are all so awesome, thank you! I had been using a few of the options suggested with quick modifications as needed they have worked tremendously.

Thank you all so much! I even made a chanter for some ts help thanks to the suggestions.

Thanks again!!