Running 6 on comp

minuomorbis

Reaction score
Wondering if running 6 toons on one computer would be causing macro's to randomly stop working? Running 4 macro's at a time; Pull, RH, AFEnc and AFCleric. Grinding aa in LP with 4 lvl 85 toons and 2 83 toons ( War, Enc, SK, Clr, Rog, Mnk) and group is wiping. Watched it for hours and notice that RH, Pull, AutoEnc and AFCleric will just randomly stop working ( never seems to do it while I am at keyboard, only when is step away, wierd. ) Anyway just wondering if running 4 different macro's on 6 windows on the same machine is/could be causing this problem.

I cant say about the others, but I had trouble with RH quitting after a while. My problem was that autoskills, melee and RH were all trying to evade and something must have been glitching the macro. I cant say for sure what really was messing up, but once I turned off evade in the melee/autoskills ini's, the macro works great w/o any problems. Perhaps check your plugins and if they are all handling evade like mine were. The macro can handle it by itself from what Ive seen. Hope that helps

i run multi toons on one PC all with different macs, no problem here, but it would take more then 6 accounts to slow my comp down also.

just covert over to AutoBot and a Pull Macro.

RH while it was good in its time.. It is bloated code that uses an asston of memory and causes you to bog down after awhile.

If your macros end we can help you but if they just stop, responding not much we can do to assist. My first guess would be memory issue.

Don't know if it matters or not but running even simple macros in LP for me sometimes gets laggy due to the zone itself and also the fadnare camp and the way people spawn it. I only notice this in LP though.

just covert over to AutoBot and a Pull Macro.

RH while it was good in its time.. It is bloated code that uses an asston of memory and causes you to bog down after awhile.

If your macros end we can help you but if they just stop, responding not much we can do to assist. My first guess would be memory issue.

I was thinking that it might be a memory problem even thought I am running 5.2 gigs of ram at present I am only using a 32bit os. Is Autobot included with MQ ?

Thank you all for the quick and very helpful response it is much appreciated :D

Autobot is supported in VIP section of www.macroquest2.com 10 $ donation gets you lifetime membership for them but they are harsher on people then I typically am.

with a 32 bit system depending on your video card max you have available for stuff is 3.2gigs

Working now

Autobot is supported in VIP section of www.macroquest2.com 10 $ donation gets you lifetime membership for them but they are harsher on people then I typically am.

with a 32 bit system depending on your video card max you have available for stuff is 3.2gigs

Yes 3.2 gigs is max that 32bit os lets you access, the rest is used for virtual memory, as for the graphics cards I am running 2 1 gig 9600 GT's DDR 2's not sure if that has anything to do with it. Turning of autoevade seems to have done the trick as it has been running flawlessly for hours now, go figure lol. Thanks again for everyones input has been very helpful. Happy New Year to all and please Don't drink and Drive the person you kill may be you, get a cab or a sober friend to drive you home.

The way I understand it is the more video memory you use, the less system memory windows can handle. If you have 2gigs in video memory, wouldn't that only allow a 32 bit os to use 1.2gig of system memory? I'd upgrade your OS either way.

Running long macros on any box for 6 chars will likely cause lead to large caches and logs as well, make sure they're disabled.

Yes 3.2 gigs is max that 32bit os lets you access, the rest is used for virtual memory, as for the graphics cards I am running 2 1 gig 9600 GT's DDR 2's not sure if that has anything to do with it. Turning of autoevade seems to have done the trick as it has been running flawlessly for hours now, go figure lol. Thanks again for everyones input has been very helpful. Happy New Year to all and please Don't drink and Drive the person you kill may be you, get a cab or a sober friend to drive you home.

The hard limit for all memory addressing in any 32 bit OS is 4 GB. Add up your video memory, cache, hard drive cache, shadow bios cache and subtract that from 4GB. That is how much RAM you have to run your OS and all your programs.

If you are using XP you can get the footprint somewhere between 160MB and 300MB depending on what you leave running. Each instance of EQ uses somewhere between ~200MB and ~500MB. Each instance will also use some of your video RAM. You have 2 gig though so shouldn't be an issue.

For you: 4GB - 2GB(VRAM) - 32MB(Cache) = 1.97GB ram for your OS and programs.

Having more than 4GB of RAM does NOT add to your virtual memory. It can't see it. It can't address it. It does not exist for all intents and purposes.