Rumor about VP AA Bug

lizardredrope

Spammer
Reaction score
Dunno exactly,just heard someone was talking about there is a AA exp bug in VP...

some said could get 6aa per mob ,some even said that could go 600 AA per mob which sounds totally insane but worth a try...

Anyone know about it?:)

It was fixed yesterday.

Well, maybe not 'fixed' per se but you can't get that kind of xp there now. They repopped the zone on several servers and now, nothing gives any xp at all (or so I'm told. Didn't go there myself since I knew what was gonna happen).

This was another case of the morons not using common sense. At any given time, there might be one person in VP (farming Xygoz, most likely). When all of a sudden, there are 11 people in zone (and five to eight more in Skyfire), that kinda sets off alarm bells.

Ya SOE is talking rollbacks on ppl who killed in VP and the hole since patch, so sucks to be them.

they did do rollbacks from the hole...took my gimp ranger there to grab some aa...got 60 aa in no time...then had to petiton to get some chrono's back on my main. luckily they gave em back to me..was a bonehead move but ya know how those rangers are

Rule number 1 of cheating smarter. Avoid exploits that everyone and their mama knows about.

From what I gather on IRC, they did rollbacks in The Hole, but they seemed to miss several toons.

I can't wait until they rollback my cleric for going to VP yesterday at lvl 85 and having nothing to do with the bug there. She accidentally agro'd a couple of stupid grey mobs at the zone in and melee'd them down... at lvl 85... aka no exp at all.

I'm pretty sure she'll get hit... which will REALLY irk me.

I can't wait until they rollback my cleric for going to VP yesterday at lvl 85 and having nothing to do with the bug there. She accidentally agro'd a couple of stupid grey mobs at the zone in and melee'd them down... at lvl 85... aka no exp at all.

I'm pretty sure she'll get hit... which will REALLY irk me.

What's funny is the idealistic, naive little gits on the EQ boards spewing crap like "If you didn't exploit, you've got nothing to worry about!!!". Like they think some GM is sitting in a room somewhere checking the logs of every player who entered VP over the last 7 days to figure out who should be rolled back and who shouldn't.

It was fixed yesterday.

Well, maybe not 'fixed' per se but you can't get that kind of xp there now. They repopped the zone on several servers and now, nothing gives any xp at all (or so I'm told. Didn't go there myself since I knew what was gonna happen).

This was another case of the morons not using common sense. At any given time, there might be one person in VP (farming Xygoz, most likely). When all of a sudden, there are 11 people in zone (and five to eight more in Skyfire), that kinda sets off alarm bells.

I looked at the loot list and I didn't see anything that would make me want to go in there and farm Xygoz. Did I miss something?

I looked at the loot list and I didn't see anything that would make me want to go in there and farm Xygoz. Did I miss something?

I'll ask (I couldn't be bothered to before). I'm inclined to think it has something to do with Nature's Reprieve but don't know that for sure.

Whoops! Look at the detail on the Aged Smouldering Cudgel. 582 DD proc with a 180% proc rate. On the bandolier, that's a free nuke. It's also slow enough to be weaved (ala Knights) for proc purposes when tanking (and presumably, using a shield). That makes it a nice to have little tool, especially with max crit AA, Weapon Affinity, and so forth.

I'll ask (I couldn't be bothered to before). I'm inclined to think it has something to do with Nature's Reprieve but don't know that for sure.

Whoops! Look at the detail on the Aged Smouldering Cudgel. 582 DD proc with a 180% proc rate. On the bandolier, that's a free nuke. It's also slow enough to be weaved (ala Knights) for proc purposes when tanking (and presumably, using a shield). That makes it a nice to have little tool, especially with max crit AA, Weapon Affinity, and so forth.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=32983

Most melee farm this at some point when they want to not riposte things.

dont you get riposte off kicks too ? lol

A mob can riposte your kick yes, same as you can riposte a mob's kick.

Having a non-weapon primary ELIMINATES primary hand Riposte. This is the highest AC non-weapon primary out there. Put a shield in your secondary and you are no longer melee riposting.

Sweet, didn't know about the duck thing.

I have this particular item for PL'ing... I stick it in primary, a shield in secondary, turn my back for good measure, and just spam the sit hotkey to maximize damage taken when the DS's are running. Pretty easy way to do it.

Combine that with the lvl 1 clickable ae dd pots you can buy and it's pretty awesome.

Which is what you do with an SK when you PL :)

But when you need to non-damage aggro a mob on a raid and click off your ds's and stats matter and need to cast to hold aggro over heals, this works better than ducking~

throw a 30 ac aug in the X shield and you have soft tanking ftw. Used to use that when Locking down the stupid clouds on Vish. Good for PL'n too.

Hes a pain in the ass though that damn fear every 5 seconds