Restrictions

chewie2536

Nnnargh hgraoo rrhaa!
Reaction score
With next patch silver and free accounts will have all ui and character restrictions removed.

For someone that hasn't played in years, what will FTP allow you to do? Are you just stuck behind expansions and levels?

With next patch silver and free accounts will have all ui and character restrictions removed.

I'm pretty sure someone will misunderstand 'character restrictions' with 'unlocked AAs and plat limitations'.

I'm pretty sure someone will misunderstand 'character restrictions' with 'unlocked AAs and plat limitations'.

The post is pretty specific on what is removed.

We are opening up ALL CLASSES.*
We are opening up ALL RACES. **
All bag slots are unlocked.
All players can now use the shared bank slots.
The quest journal restrictions are lifted entirely. Quest away!

People will read what they want to read though.

If you told me character restrictions were removed, i would assume AA and plat limitations would be removed as well. That doesn't seem to be the case.

Plat restrictions were all ready removed.

does that mean u can task add a toon that doesnt have an expansion for that task?

does that mean u can task add a toon that doesnt have an expansion for that task?

Yes, this has worked in the past. Haven't really messed with it with RoF, so not sure on RoF tasks. Level restrictions still apply. It will also update in achievements even though you don't own the expansion.

Yes, this has worked in the past. Haven't really messed with it with RoF, so not sure on RoF tasks. Level restrictions still apply. It will also update in achievements even though you don't own the expansion.

I have not experienced being able to taskadd players to a task to an expansion they do not own.

I believe this is refering to that you can only have a limited number of active solo tasks at once. Like getting ALL the mercnary tasks in shardslanding say and working through partisan so you get kills as you go.

On F2P you could only have a couple of tasks, not the 20 or so we paying people can. I don't know the actually limits.

Just a few things I can think of that still require gold membership

- Can't setup a trader without Gold membership
- Can't use journeyman mercs without Gold membership
- Can't use prestige gear/augs without Gold membership
- AA's are still capped without a Gold membership (or SC unlocker, not very cost-efficient)
- Spells are limited to Rank 1 without Gold membership (or SC unlocker)

- Cannot Play on Progression servers without Gold membership
- Cannot use ingame email