Request: Dichotomic Psalm

ambivy

Never Trust a Rogue
Reaction score
Hi, would it be possible to add dichotomic psalm to the list of things bards can cast on a regular basis (ie, every 60secs if its up). It is a mana bump for the group. It gives a tremendous amount of mana. To cast it, I stop my songs, cast the spell and then restart my songs. The spell is greyed out for a minute before it is ready to recast.

(http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=49148&source=Live)

I just put it into bot twist 1 2 3 4 5 and it keeps it locked out and all the others run fine. However something happened to my bard and she cannot move or melee when singing. Have you experienced this?

My bard was playing okay ... was moving about, always assisting and actually positioning behind the mobs, etc.

About 2 weeks ago I noticed I had no twist set up.
I added rest and combat twist lists to the bot.
I noticed the bard was doing the twists, was assisting and meleeing, but not moving ever during combat. As a result mostly the mobs were not being melee'd by the bard since only very few times they happened to be standing on it/in range.

I think if you remove the twists, it will go back to positioning and meleeing. Check it out and see? If so ... it's as I describe, I don't know if that's intentional but my group are mostly casters so I didn't mind much, it was better to have bard buffs up.

There's a new plugin on the MQ2 forums recently, MQ2Medley .. I got the impression from a quick read that it would detect situation (combat, named, rest, recovering) and change song sets based on that. Maybe the way forward is to check that out and dump mq2twist. As far as mq2bot goes that would mean just removing the values you have in the bot twist entries.

added crescendo and dichotomic psalm for next version. it will auto detect and use your ManaAt= setting to use them. FWIW, mq2bot doesnt use mq2twist, it uses an internal system that mq2medley is similar to.

added crescendo and dichotomic psalm for next version. it will auto detect and use your ManaAt= setting to use them. FWIW, mq2bot doesnt use mq2twist, it uses an internal system that mq2medley is similar to.

Wow cool.. bard box might be in my future lol

Did you originally use mq2twist? I seem to recall early on in the thread, bard was different to everything else. I'll be pleased to unload twist :)

Did you originally use mq2twist? I seem to recall early on in the thread, bard was different to everything else. I'll be pleased to unload twist :)

umm maybe? it has been in so long I honestly cant remember. the built in command is /bottwist and it automatically figures out if songs are ready or not and what their cast time is. so if you use a bunch of long recast (or in the case of requiem's dream a 1.5 sec cast) then it stores the twist and just uses as ready. that way you can /bottwist all the crescendos/requiem and it uses without screwing up.

This was working well when i tried it today! Awesome.