Republic Wireless Cell Phone Plans for $25 and $40

twizzops

Lifetimer
Reaction score
My company stopped handing out work phones (blackberry) and have forced all employees to a BYOD (bring your own device) plan. The problem is that they are only reimbursing a flat $55. That caused me to look around for viable inexpensive cell phone options. I came across Republic Wireless and decided to give them a shot.

The Pros:

• Can't beat the price - I personally got the $25 unlimited 3G
  • No contracts
  • Able to change plans 2 times a month
  • Unlimited voice, text and data
  • 30 day money back guarantee

The Cons:

• Unknown company that piggy backs off Sprint's network
  • Purchase phone upfront ($299 for Moto X for me)
  • Only 2 phones to choose from

If this works out well for me, and I net $30 a month, I will pay off the upfront cost of the phone in 10 months. I will try to update this thread with more information as I get to use the phone.

My company stopped handing out work phones (blackberry) and have forced all employees to a BYOD (bring your own device) plan. The problem is that they are only reimbursing a flat $55. That caused me to look around for viable inexpensive cell phone options. I came across Republic Wireless and decided to give them a shot.

The Pros:

• Can't beat the price - I personally got the $25 unlimited 3G
  • No contracts
  • Able to change plans 2 times a month
  • Unlimited voice, text and data
  • 30 day money back guarantee

The Cons:

• Unknown company that piggy backs off Sprint's network
  • Purchase phone upfront ($299 for Moto X for me)
  • Only 2 phones to choose from

If this works out well for me, and I net $30 a month, I will pay off the upfront cost of the phone in 10 months. I will try to update this thread with more information as I get to use the phone.

Twizz keep me updated my company is about to do the same thing.

My wife uses net10 and they give you the option of ATT or T-Mobile.

$45 a month for unlimited text and calls, and 2g of full speed internet per month (throttled after).

We got the Nexus 4 last year and so far so good.

At what point do they throttle twizz?
I lost Comcast for a week due to some asshat disconnecting my cable, and I burned through my AT&T data cap (5gigs) and was throttled in a day or two... I am on their "unlimited" plan as well so it was very frustrating, now I'm looking to switch to someone that offers true unlimited data...

At what point do they throttle twizz?
I lost Comcast for a week due to some asshat disconnecting my cable, and I burned through my AT&T data cap (5gigs) and was throttled in a day or two... I am on their "unlimited" plan as well so it was very frustrating, now I'm looking to switch to someone that offers true unlimited data...

I just found this disclaimer:

*Our Terms of Service permit us to reduce your speed for a billing period if you exceed 5GB of data while using cell during the billing period. We also give you a break and will forgive you for exceeding 5GB of data once every 6 months! See our Terms of Service for more details.

Here's the complete terms of agreement section for data usage.

(b) Your Service Plan may include limitations on Your Usage. These limitations may take the form of throttling your cellular network data speeds to slower download and upload speeds than would otherwise be available on your cellular connection based upon your Service Plan or administering device-specific methods to restrict full access to high speed cellular data; if these limitations apply, Your Service Plan nonetheless will not change and amounts charged to you for any applicable billing period will be unaffected by these limitations. The limitations described in this Section 19(b) will not affect your Usage when WiFi is available. WiFi Only Service Plan: Except for 911 calls, You will not be able to use Your Mobile Device(s) for Usage if WiFi is not available. WiFi + Cell Talk & Text Service Plan: Includes unlimited WiFi and cellular talk and text; You will not be able to use your Mobile Device(s) to access Data Services or Data Content if WiFi is not available . WiFi + Cell + 3G Service Plan or WiFi + Cell + 4G Service Plan: Includes unlimited WiFi and cellular talk and text; cellular network data speeds may be reduced from full speeds otherwise applicable under Your Service Plan for the remainder of a billing period if your monthly cellular data Usage exceeds either (i) 5GB of cellular data Usage (excluding roaming), or (ii) 100MB of roaming cellular data Usage more than once in any six (6) month period. If, in the prior six (6) months, Your cellular data Usage has not exceeded the limitation of either clause (i) or (ii) of the preceding sentence, You will be granted an additional 5GB of cellular data Usage (excluding roaming) and an additional 100MB of roaming cellular data Usage before the foregoing speed reductions apply.

Last edited:
Am i correct in understanding you must use their phone, and not an unlocked one you buy online?

I would add 3G to the cons list (depending on what you use your phone for). I tried remote access over 3G and it was pretty crappy. I can't stand the data cap on the "unlimited" plans.

I would add 3G to the cons list (depending on what you use your phone for). I tried remote access over 3G and it was pretty crappy. I can't stand the data cap on the "unlimited" plans.

There's 4G as well, I just personally chose 3G because I use my phone primarly for work and I am almost always around WIFI. The 3G just ensures I still get my email while I am at lunch or driving.

Last edited: