*Rant on*

Hehe in an effort to diffuse that tension I offer the following as a mood lightener...

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Sorry but you asked for this by totally ignoring my final paragraph of the original post.

lol OP. The Devs don't have downtimes this long to mess with MQ2 just for the hell of it.

Opinion. No rational, intelligent, or thoughtful rebuttals or proof in any way.

The downtime was needed for all the server side changes f2p needed.

Opinion. Poor rebuttal and a very weak one at that. So weak in fact that it was already discussed in actual detail later on. Please see HTW's rebuttal and my counter rebuttal to him.

You seem to think this shit is easy and you just flip a switch and everything gets changed and works perfect.

Opinion based on an assumption and we all know what those who make assumptions end up doing to themselves. This time is no different since you must have missed that sentence where I stated I was in the hosting business so probably have a greater understanding of whats involved than you.

Would you rather have them make the changes in 6 hrs and take them down 3-4 times to fix the changes ?

Wow! Seriously? This is the choice we have? How did you come up with this choice? What are the suggested variables here, the patch time? I could keep going but whats the point. It is a random choice you pulled out of thin air generated from pure speculation.

If I may be allowed to make an assumption of my own (knowing full well I could be making an ass of out me). You seem to be saying that you believe that the time it takes them to complete their patches has a direct correlation with the number of times they have emergency patches. That in turn implies that it is your belief that part of that patch downtime is spent testing. Not simply just a part of that down time but a significant portion of it. If I'm wrong by all means please clarify because I cant even list all the reasons why I disagree with that.

You think because you work for a hosting company you can comprehend what it takes to patch every server and make sure they're all working right ? You're not hosting an MMO that is 13 years old using a code base that no one uses anymore. Your entire OP is opinion its garbage that you ranted about for no reason other than your ignorant opinion of the downtime. You having no programming knowledge and no idea what it takes to patch the game and quality check every change after its made on every server.

You bash others saying that's an opinion your entire post is YOUR opinion a wrong one, but an opinion nonetheless.

Now onto your bullshit about why take down progression servers when you patch.

Every server (except EQMac) uses the exact same client meaning EVERY server has to be patched because EVERY server uses the same client you don't like this play something else.

Now why do they not bring each server up once its patched 1 by 1 ? Because they lock every server using a method that removes access to all of them they don't unplug the servers individually (they only do this in cases of an emergency for that server).

What baffles me is your rant is every MMO company does it this way its the standard practice for every MMO you take all the servers down and you bring them all up once all of them are patched and tested.

Furthermore unless you work on the network/programming end of this so called hosting company you have no clue what it takes to patch the game and why they would bring all the servers down.

Also your entire reply is bashing my opinion and nothing you posted shows anything other than your own opinion. You've posted nothing that says why your opinion is right and have showed no data or facts to backup why they would be able to keep the progression servers up when patching. Just curious have you ever been inside SOE in SD ? Have you ever been in the same building the servers are hosted in ? Do you know anyone at SOE who actually works on EQ ? Lets clarify something here I've been in the building, I've seen the servers in front of my own eyes, I know several SOE Employees and a few who actually work on EQ. When I say why it takes so long this isn't my OPINION I've been explained the process on a few occasions and understand exactly why they take so long. You on the other hand think because you work for a hosting company that makes you right and everyone else wrong. FYI anyone can get a job selling hosting talk to me when you work in the data center the servers are hosted in.

Last edited:
Oh and take your own advice from your signature. You want to disagree with me show facts to why you're right and I am wrong. Working for a hosting company doesn't give you any clue of what it takes to patch an MMO its like comparing an apple to an orange.

Last edited:
sunscreen

Remember to wear sunscreen when you go outside...if you ever decide to.

Oh and take your own advice from your signature. You want to disagree with me show facts to why you're right and I am wrong. Working for a hosting company doesn't give you any clue of what it takes to patch an MMO its like comparing an apple to an orange.

s19921_burn-sick.jpg

Random message for this minute. I love being a 3rd party witness to these arguments. And Kodi..have my babies. that is all.

I have quite a few thoughts on all this...hey...wait a minute.

WTF SOE!!...shit storm of pissed off clients...you fucking newbs...a fixed fucking date...Why the fuck are the progression servers offline...piss poor decision making...but please keep the retarded childish flaming

Nevermind, this conversation was over before it started.

Last edited: