Ragnarok Online -- story tips?

kirbanmanaburn

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I never really write stories for the media desk at my paper, but I've been asked to do a feature up their alley and I figured I'd do something MMO-related. The big MMO over here (in Japan) is Ragnarok.

Has anyone ever tried it or know anyone who plays? You can dig around for a hundred years looking for a cool MMO-related lead and not find it if you don't get plugged in with people who actually play.

Any links to English language web forums for players appreciated, too. I've got the Japanese language stuff covered.

Really this is the most popular overthere? Man hats off to those guys, I couldn't do it tried, and failed.

I never really write stories for the media desk at my paper, but I've been asked to do a feature up their alley and I figured I'd do something MMO-related. The big MMO over here (in Japan) is Ragnarok.

Has anyone ever tried it or know anyone who plays? You can dig around for a hundred years looking for a cool MMO-related lead and not find it if you don't get plugged in with people who actually play.

Any links to English language web forums for players appreciated, too. I've got the Japanese language stuff covered.
I tried it for a couple of weeks but really it was just a massive grind fest that I got tired of.

I do have a couple of friends who still play I think, I think they live in the area as well (I also live in Tokyo)

Interesting. That's definitely (the beginning of) an angle. Thanks, guys.

Static -- could you ask those friends of yours if they'd be interested in shooting the breeze with a Japan Times reporter who might write something about the game/its community?

Interesting. That's definitely (the beginning of) an angle. Thanks, guys.

Static -- could you ask those friends of yours if they'd be interested in shooting the breeze with a Japan Times reporter who might write something about the game/its community?

You speak Japanese I'm guessing? My friend here that plays only speaks Japanese =P

Not sure I could offer much, but I played it up when it was first out. Even at one point ran my own personal server. Many call Wow cartoonish, Ragnarok even more so. I leveled out 2 character at the time. Many years ago now.