Question about transferring characters (EQ1)

Deflator

Reaction score
I just bought Omiime's cleric earlier (very fun, by the way, cleric solo ability is nuts now with that VoV spell.)

Anyway, I changed the billing information over to mine, and the registration to my e-mail address, etc.

Is it safe to go ahead and sign up for the transfer with my credit card? Do they question anything like this? Or should I get the original owner to do it.

How long have transfers been taking lately? I haven't transferred an EQ character in years.

I have heard you can transfer immediately after your information is in (your account is renewed for a month using your billing information). But I also know if you do it immediately after that, they can ask for an earlier last 4 in the credit card numbers. I know this, because they did it to one of my account. So now, I wait until I get a second months billing and I've done it twice now with no questions asked. These are all within the last six months, so the information is reasonably current. Others may have had more luck transferring quicker, but I got burned once and so I wait.

The actual transfer process takes about a week (give or take a few days).

Friend traded his WoW acc for a EQ1 cleric, Next day he puts in for a transfer to a new server with his details they ask for old Credit card info (he had it from trade) once he gave them that he was moved to new server next day.