Plugin: MQ2Rez

My bad -- I guess I need to flame myself.

I should have told you to read on from there since after those posts that issue was fixed.

My mistake.

So...before I went back to redo the coding from scratch, I took a look at some of my previous versions, and realized that my initial change to the code was never actually tested by anyone (that I can see).

So...in the interest of doing less work, could someone please [ame=http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=63685&postcount=44]test this code out for me[/ame]?

If that works, then I will redo my whole "this code is ugly and needs to be cleaned up" thing, but I'll just leave the working stuff as it is, rather than try to replace it with a fancy-shmancy single DoCommand /multiline.

As far as I can tell ... works great!

Accepted and rezed from in zone, hover mode, and from bind point and all 3 times the character accepted the rez and then looted his corpse perfectly. Also killed mobs after the rez and did not get any rez loot spam from those mobs.

I came to the party after you made changes to that code .. never thought of checking that. Sorry! (Apparantly, I'm having an off day). ;)

My bad -- I guess I need to flame myself.

I should have told you to read on from there since after those posts that issue was fixed.

My mistake.

Sadge I just went and reread all the posts, and don't see where that issue was fixed, and as of today when I loaded up the new complile with mq2rez plugin loaded, it's still spamming me with the lootall window.

Maybe I'm missing something somewhere, maybe it's really blatant, but just show me where it's fixed and what's needed to be done if anything, because I'm just not seeing it, sorry =/

I'm still having problem where if I try to loot any corpse with plugin loaded, the loot-all window is spammed until I'm done with the corpse.

The loot spam you're talking about is from other corpses (other than your own), correct?

Maybe I misunderstood you before. If that's the case - that issue should have been resolved if you followed thez's link from a couple of posts ago.

If you're talking just about getting spammed while you're looting your own corpse, then I want you to know that I've mentioned that to thez and I'm hoping he's going to fix that (it doesn't hinder the plugin though -- it should work as intended).

Either way, I'm pretty sure we're going to be seeing the "new and improved" official version in the next 24 hours or sooner.

Hope that answered your question.

EDIT: and I was serious about flaming myself and having an off day ... I went back an reread and I realized I never mentioned that the "loot spam" for other corpses went away as thez and I were going back and forth. But I can confirm that it did go away and the "latest" (which is really like 3 versions ago) does not have that problem.

NP Sadge, I'm going to try again using the 12/22 compile and see if I turn off the loot option if the NPC corpse looting issue goes away.

If that doesn't work, I'll try the .dll that erm, forget who linked it for download (was the very last .dll posted).

Problem is I don't really compile (I did once upon a time when it was pure mq2 but that was step by step stuffs LOL) and I just get the files here.

I'll post a response and see if the problem is gone.

OK, still having same problem, changing the loot on/off option doesn't change it, nor does using the last posted DLL. In fact, I get a "could not load mq2rez" when I try.

Anyone have this working where you're able to loot NPC corpses without the lootall box spamming you?

Sparky,

Thez and I have been going back and forth on testing the new .dll. I am testing what thez believes to be the "final" version as I type this.

Just hang out for just a little longer and I think thez will have a 100% working product for you.

Awesome, no problem, glad you're making progress. Thanks for all the hard work.

There was a tiny glitch in the plugin -- it worked perfectly except when you're rezzing a character that's in the same zone as his corpse -- so in the gl it's not working, but if you're out in the field and in hover mode or you're back at your bind point it's working fine.

Sorry will be a little longer.

I compiled the version from I think page 11 in the thread and added in the 2 changes that thez has posted after that. My settings where
[MQ2Rez]
Accept=1
RezPct=95
Active=1
Spawn=1

I have since added
Command Line=/memset SomeSpellSet
RezCommandOn=1

Spawn worked and accept worked but 3 of my 4 toons had thier corpses end up at the instance entrance and I was lucky I was able to drag the corpses back without needing to do a Guild Lobby summon. I am not sure if it was plugin or macro related since I still have my rezz stuff in my macros and had this problem show up with my shaman macro before (Macroquest2 VIP version of the plugin was loaded back then). The 4th toon (chanter) that didn't have it's body poof to zone in has the same rezz code as the shaman macro and the same ini settings for MQ2Rez but it zoned back in and looted it's body normally. This brings me to my questions, I know, I know, took me long enough. Is this problem fixed for everyone else running the latest version of MQ2Rez? Just wanted to know before I start changing all the code in my macros.

Also I compile my own version of MQ2 with the plugins that I use, they are all from VIP and was wondering if there is anything in this version of MQ2Rez that is specific to the Macroquest build from this site?

This next question is just out of curiosity and not important at all. I tried to go through both threads tonight and I think I may have seen something about my next question posted previously. /rez setcommand "/memset SomeSpellSet" echos back properly when you set it and is setting it properly in the ini file and is probably working, I have not been able to test since I added it. Is it normal for it to echo back Command line set to: when you do a /rez and not show the command? Looking at the code in the plugin to me looks like it does echo back the command but I confess I know very little about plugin code.

Code:
     WriteChatf("Command set to: \ag%s\ax",Parm2);
Echos back properly when you set it but for me
Code:
     strcpy(szTemp,szCommand);
     WriteChatf("Command line set to: \ag%s\ax",szTemp);
Only echos back Command line set to: when I do a /rez.

Those bugs, and all of the others (aside from the corpse moving thing) should be fixed in this final version. I don't know what to tell you guys about the corpse moving thing, though. It could be lag, or a game bug, or I don't know what -- I can't imagine how it would be code related, though.

Code:
Updated on first page.

Last edited:
I know the last few times that I've experienced corpse-warp on rez, it's been MQ2Rez that's done the accepting of the rez and looting, and not macros like AutoBot.

Perhaps there's some /corpse-like code in the plugin that is firing off as we're still loading into the zone? Something like that would make sense, if for the briefest of times during the zoning process, we appear at the safe spot.

Someone besides me is going to have to test this plugin. It was working fine for me after testing it for thez and then tonight I was doing some katta missions and it would not loot my corpse after accepting rez. It just hung there.

I'm going to have to double check that I didn't accidently load an old version, but I wanted to see if anyone else was using this and it was working for them.

If you can provide a working DLL i'll give it a shot, right now I have to restore an older version cuz I overwrote my 12/22 version and hosed it LOL.

I DO NOT compile any more, so if you want someone to compile it themselves, I'll just wait and pray =)

For those experiencing the corpse warp problem: please try commenting out the line that does the /corpse command (it's right near the bottom, not hard to spot).

I seem to be having issues the MQ2rez when looting NPC corpses and am getting prompted to Loot All after looting each individual item from the corpse. Not use why this plugin would be trying to handle normal npc looting.

Is there a / toggle I am missing to disable this?

I am forced for now to manually load and unload this plugin after each use because of this

Plugins loaded when this happens. MQ2rez excluded from list but loaded at time of issues.

[Plugins]
mq2mmobugs=mq2mmobugs
mq2labels=mq2labels
mq2itemdisplay=mq2itemdisplay
mq2custombinds=mq2custombinds
mq2hud=mq2hud
mq2map=mq2map
mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd
mq2eqbugfix=mq2eqbugfix
mq2docrack=mq2docrack
mq2moveutils=mq2moveutils
mq2exchange=mq2exchange
mq2mmowarp=mq2mmowarp
mq2reachit=mq2reachit
mq2piggyzone=mq2piggyzone
mq2bzsrch=mq2bzsrch
mq2twist=mq2twist
mq2tracking=mq2tracking
mq2eqbc=mq2eqbc
mq2cast=mq2cast
mq2mmofastmem=mq2mmofastmem
mq2vladutil=mq2vladutil
mq2stealth=mq2stealth
mq2gmcheck=mq2gmcheck
mq2speedutils=mq2speedutils
mq2debuffs=mq2debuffs
mq2melee=mq2melee
mq2nomountmodels=mq2nomountmodels
mq2tributemanager=mq2tributemanager

Thanks for any input.

There seems to be a lot of confusion here and I'll blame myself.

Which version are you loading? The one that comes with the compiled version? If so, yes -- you'll get that issue. If you have not compiled the newer version for yoursef, then I would say try that one.

For those of you absolutley refuse to do your own comiles, with Thez's permission, I will post the .dll of the most recent version.

It's not my plugin so I don't want to overstep my bounds. It seems like we're close to getting a new MMOBugs compile anyway.