Plugin: MQ2Linkdb2

i have tried the /import command but it keeps telling me no item database yet. any help?

you have to download the item database to go along with it...and then import it. to do so go to:
http://eqitems.13th-floor.org/download.php

download the zip file that has the text file version in it, extract the items.txt file that is located inside of this zip file into your mq2 directory, then go in game and execute the import command

when i run the /showlink *** it says can not find player but, does nto have any links and it show that it found a couple items. anythign i am missing or is this still broken?

I am having the exact same problem. Any ideas yet? I get a found x items in MQ window and "Could not find player bunchofnumers"

crash crash crash -- just so you kno =)

I am having troubles with the item.txt file i have it but dont know where to store it to where /link /import works if anyone can please help me with this would really appreciate it. Right now its just in main macroquest folder

I am having troubles with the item.txt file i have it but dont know where to store it to where /link /import works if anyone can please help me with this would really appreciate it. Right now its just in main macroquest folder

Same as all the other stuff/dll's. Should work fine there.

well not sure whats happening then cause its not working for me

Go here:

http://eqitems.13th-floor.org/download.php

download the TEXT ZIP version unzip it to the MQ directory and try again. This is the latest version, maybe you were using an OLD version? It is a huge file and takes a few seconds to unzip and also when you /link /import you will think you locked up for a few seconds, but it is loading.

thanks for your help i figured out wasn't that i was using out of date list it was just that im a tard...i didn't see the comma in between bz2 and zip...thought it was just one file kept getting the wrong one.

i gave up on this for a while, have they fixed the worntype/iskar lefthand issue, or do you still have to edit the file yourself to get it to work properly?

i gave up on this for a while, have they fixed the worntype/iskar lefthand issue, or do you still have to edit the file yourself to get it to work properly?

Yeah I actually edit them out of the file. Not that hard to do. Just search for Iksar Left Hand, and Iksar Right Hand and the worntype and remove those lines from MQ2LINKDB.TXT (worntype is usually the first line).

Edited version.....

Attachments

• MQ2LinkDB.txt
    5 MB · Views: 20
thanks, i tried the edit thing but i messed up on something so simple i just gave up... think i was short on sleep that day or something and just never got back to it.

anyone having problems with links being displayed but not being able to click on them? any help with this? I used to use this feature all the time but it has been broken for me for a little while.

anyone having problems with links being displayed but not being able to click on them? any help with this? I used to use this feature all the time but it has been broken for me for a little while.

Yeah Jens, thats whats happening to me too.
I can search the DB OK, and get the links, but cant click on anything.

This has been broken since HoT came out. Supposedly something changed with the way links are generated, and I don't think the plugin code has been updated to reflect this (or at least, not successfully). I keep hoping that it will be, as this was a plugin that I find very convenient. I'm sure if it were an easy fix, it would be done by now.

I see this has been fixed. Thanks for updating the compile with the change so quickly, and a big thanks to ieatacid over at macroquest2.com for figuring out the fix.

Yes, it will be in next changes file. Current version on server has been updated.

Don't forget to download a new items.txt, and do: /link /import

Items: http://eqitems.13th-floor.org/download.php

Glad he did it, who knows when I would have got around to it - it was #19 on the todo list.

X one off.

htw

Is it necessary to redownload a new file from 13th floor? I have been adding a lot of loot items to the file I downloaded a while ago.

Yes, you'll have to re-import the file to generate the correct hash conversions.

Not sure if many use this plugin, but the link codes generated by the /link /import command are incorrect due to the addition of the Hero's Forge aug slots.

I imported the items.txt file from the 13th Floor, and then ran a quick loop through each line in the MQ2LinkDB.txt file that was generated to add extra 0's in to account for the space taken up by the Hero's Forge augs. This file now works to generate proper links.

You can download the attached MQ2LinkDB.txt file, and place it in your MMOBugs folder if you want to use it until there is an actual fix to the /import function.

Attachments

• MQ2LinkDB.txt
    7.4 MB · Views: 7