Plugin idea MQ2Task

dewey2461

Developer
Reaction score
I'm tossing around the idea of making a task window plugin and I'd like to get some feedback from potential users.

Q1. Would you like to see the quest status for all your characters?

Q2. Do you split your group between multiple machines ?

What I am currently considering requires you to keep the task window open but minimized. It would write some data to shared memory, but I could try and get the data over netbots.

For example :

[ Quest Journal ? x ]
Ancient Heroes - Nagafen's Lair - All
Kill 1 Death Beetle 0/1 - Foo, Bar
Kill 1 Kobold Champion 0/1 - Boom

So at a glance you could tell that Foo and Bar both need to kill the beetle next and boom needs champ next.

This would be very useful, surprised it hasnt already been don.

I worked for months on and off on this , and the reason I haven't released it is the task timer update, I need to find a good way to update the steps without having to constantly open and close the task window.

Basically it's incredibly boring to do this "task" pun intended, and that's why it's not been added yet (by me)

It's on my todo list though, so don't be surprised when it's part of core at some point in the future.

Last edited:
Q1. Would you like to see the quest status for all your characters?

Q2. Do you split your group between multiple machines ?

Sorry, forgot to answer. I would love to see quest status for all my characters and I play all on one machine, although will have to see how my laptop handles 13 boxes (currently just 10box).

Also, I usually play with quest window fully open on all my boxes so I could just click through and see where they are at so no problem at all if this just requires I keep it open and minimized.