Plat Farming

Megatron

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good spot to farm plat, i've started from scratch and my toons are 50 odd having done MM's, they are wearing rags with about 100pp in total lol (6 box..) I've not played for years so I can't remember any decent ideas apart from fishing cod oil (whether that still sells)... :p

Need a wad of plat to kit them out :(

Thanks

Can anyone recommend a good spot to farm plat, i've started from scratch and my toons are 50 odd having done MM's, they are wearing rags with about 100pp in total lol (6 box..) I've not played for years so I can't remember any decent ideas apart from fishing cod oil (whether that still sells)... :p

Need a wad of plat to kit them out :(

Thanks

Just IMO, but if I wanted to make "little" pp, I would forage nodding blue lillies... There is still a bit of demand for the potions a skilled shamie can make, and there are still folks wanting to buy the lillies to level up their own potion dispenser... Other than that I, too, am lost... From what I can see, desirable high tradeskill level items are just too rare and/or out of reach of yours and my (level) toons...

The good news is that pp is cheaper now than before and one can equip a modestly geared and workable toon for fewer dollars than ever... :)

othmirs are a little under your level, but their furs sells very well

easy: crystal caverns (velium, vendor junk)
easy: acrylia caverns (acrylia)
spider silks, spiderling silks, any tradeskill stuff
hill giants, ice giants

it may be worth your time just to buy the plat you need; it's gettin really cheap

As sad as it is to say imo, Xcheck is right. The time spent farming plat you can buy pp cheaper, and get xp on the toons the time you would have spent farming the pp.

Otherwise the only lower lvl spots to farm pp are still giants. The new SRo and Nro have static spawn giants now which you can make some decent pp if you farm both at once. I was pulling in about 2k/hr give or take when I was farming essence of sunlight I believe.

If you are high enough to get up to 5th lvl of ToFS you can farm velium, xp, and weapons to sell all at once. This use to net me little less than 2k/hour.

Higher lvl you can farm pp all over the place, especially TSS and TBS zones.

With 6 accnts if you could lvl up 6 druids to 39 and foarge farm Dreadlands for Lillies and Drachnid Silk(this sell slowly) you can pull in 10k+/8 hours of foraging and then selling in bazaar. I dont recommend doing afk farming atm though as there are GM's that have been watching for it, at least on my server.

As sad as it is to say imo, Xcheck is right. The time spent farming plat you can buy pp cheaper, and get xp on the toons the time you would have spent farming the pp.

Otherwise the only lower lvl spots to farm pp are still giants. The new SRo and Nro have static spawn giants now which you can make some decent pp if you farm both at once. I was pulling in about 2k/hr give or take when I was farming essence of sunlight I believe.

If you are high enough to get up to 5th lvl of ToFS you can farm velium, xp, and weapons to sell all at once. This use to net me little less than 2k/hour.

Higher lvl you can farm pp all over the place, especially TSS and TBS zones.

With 6 accnts if you could lvl up 6 druids to 39 and foarge farm Dreadlands for Lillies and Drachnid Silk(this sell slowly) you can pull in 10k+/8 hours of foraging and then selling in bazaar. I dont recommend doing afk farming atm though as there are GM's that have been watching for it, at least on my server.

anyone else not been able to farm NBL's in dreadlands for the last few months? I used to be able to farm 2-300/day. i've tried off and on in the last few months but havent forages a single one since about april or may

Steve

Got to NRo/SRo

Edit the Huntermob.ini, add the Sand giants...
Use the Hunternowarp.mac
go afk

u will make 10k in 24h... i run it 24/7... i got some tells but nothing happened... There is a gm check to save your life ;)

Seafurys in OOT + gornit are better plat then SGs

I beleive if my memory if its correct i think them nodding blue lillys drop like crazy off of them frogs in old seb also.

Old world items with no required level. Twink gear sells well in the bazaar.

I still forage lillies in DL, but they are not as common as they use to be. Sucks too. Was doing 20-30k a day.

runes from WoS still fetch 3-5k each can get 4 or more per hour at ass/hill for 12-20k /hr plus still get xp at lev 75

It is all relitive to the virtual economy tho.

Just like Gramps is always talking about how he used to be able to buy a pack of Lucky Strikes for a nickel. Well back then they were paying a Buck an hour so its pretty relitive.

I used to farm rockhopper hides (afk of course) it had a player check and GM check. I made good money back in the day. I also used to do Dulak alot alot of gems droped at the shack camp. Now i have far advanced macros that net me 100k a day. Those of course i keep to myself for fear of ban stick but just look at quests and macro them.

I used to farm rockhopper hides (afk of course) it had a player check and GM check. I made good money back in the day. I also used to do Dulak alot alot of gems droped at the shack camp. Now i have far advanced macros that net me 100k a day. Those of course i keep to myself for fear of ban stick but just look at quests and macro them.

exactly, i get about 200k ~ day and get about 3-6 aas an hour per char afk. always nice aint it?