patch day feb 8th

Darkon

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
All EverQuest Live Servers will be coming down on Wednesday, February 8, 2012 at 3:00 am US Pacific* for a Game Update. The servers are estimated to be unavailable for approximately 5 hours. Keep an eye on the EQ Players website and the forums for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

anybody have a link to the patch notes?

February 8, 2012

*** Highlights ***

- Healer Mercenaries now have improved behavior and performance in their Reactive stance.
- Many NPCs in House of Thule and Veil of Alaris zones no longer see through Shroud of Stealth.
- In the Rubak Oseka raid "Time and Tides," High Priests and Templars will now wait a brief period before beginning to cast their snare spells.
- Kal'ture Ashan has arrived in Sunrise Hills to sell Alaran furniture.

*** Items ***

- Elegant, Stately, and Ostentatious Warmonger Leggings now modify the Frenzy skill.
- Some Veil of Alaris warrior and knight weapons had their AC increased.
- Kal'ture Ashan has arrived in Sunrise Hills to sell Alaran furniture.
- The Secondary Anchor can now be placed on guild plots.
- An Ancient Artifact is now a type 20 aug.
- Bags of currency sold on the loyalty merchant are now lore.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Quest - Tides of Change - When accepting the quest, players will be given the necessary items if they do not have them.
- Quest - The Key to Freedom - You should now have more time to hail Silbek after you free him from his bonds in Rubak Oseka.
- Raid - Time and Tides - High Priests and Templars will now wait a brief period before beginning to cast their snare spells.
- Raid - The Triune God - Most of the Triunity's messages can now be seen throughout the entire zone.

*** Spells ***

- Shadowknight - Reduced the mana cost of Sholothian Skin significantly.

*** NPC ***

- Many NPCs in House of Thule and Veil of Alaris zones no longer see through Shroud of Stealth.
- Deathleaper's ability Earsplitting Howl now uses the magic resist type, and the damage has been lowered slightly.

*** AA ***

- Monk - Suppressive Strike has been changed to Distant Strike. The silence has been removed, but the rest of the ability is unchanged.
- Enchanter - Fixed a timer conflict issue with Glyph Spray and Divine Companion Aura.
- Druid/Shaman - Fixed a timer conflict issue with Silent Casting and Paralytic Spores.

*** Mercenaries ***

- Several changes have been made to Healer Mercenaries:
- After level 85, healer mercenaries no longer cast the Promised or Elixir lines of spells. These spells may return in the future when mercenaries learn to cast them more effectively.
- After level 75, healer mercenaries no longer cast Complete Heal.
- When at full health and mana, healer mercenaries will no longer sit.
- Healer mercenaries now respond more quickly when the main tank in their group enters combat.
- The power of the healer mercenaries' spells have been slightly increased.
- The Reactive stance has been modified to favor constantly casting direct heals without regard for mana cost.
- Note: At the moment, mercenaries have trouble healing players that have high-HP regen buffs on them. Until this changes, avoid using spells such as Splendrous Guardian, Spiritual Enrichment, or Promised Renewal if you want your mercenary to heal you.

*** Previously Updated ***

- Corrected a pathing problem in Veeshan's Peak that caused a number of its denizens to wander the lava pool near the entrance.

- The EverQuest Team

Wondering how well healer mercs are gonna work now. Never really had too much of a problem before but sounds like they will be much more responsive

SoE Retards said:

Why?!?!

SoE Retards said:

Why?!?!

my guess is so that PPL dont bank them then go silver on their accts.

Of course, people will just buy, say, stacks of rubies or the like instead to get over the plat limitation for silver accounts. Seriously, the things they think are important sometimes....

SoE Retards said:

Why?!?!

my guess is so that PPL dont bank them then go silver on their accts.

Of course, people will just buy, say, stacks of rubies or the like instead to get over the plat limitation for silver accounts. Seriously, the things they think are important sometimes....

Yes, people can buy stacks of rubies / diamonds / whatever, but they are going to do this at a huge loss on plat since they don't sell back to the merchant at the same price that you pay for them.

Even buying them in the bazaar, you are going to pay more plat for them than what you will get selling to a merchant.

EDIT:
Just thinking about this further, maybe it's not as large of a loss as I thought. Not at home to check in game right now but allah lists Rubies selling from merchats at ~132pp and having a merchant value of ~125pp. Given faction will play somewhat of a roll, worse case I'd expect no more than 115pp sale, 140pp buy. That would still be a 25% loss of plat but not as bad as what I was thinking.

It would be funny if it became popular and became and entirely new form of money for the economy, /auction Selling a task add for 50 rubies! Would be like Rings of Jordan in Diablo 2 hehehe :)

Last edited:
the new cleric mercs are soo sweet! very impressed.

That's actually a very intriguing thought... Stacks of gems would make a good substitute for plat. And if they become a form of substitute currency the spread between vendor buy and sell would shrink because they'd be less need to ever actually convert them to plat.

Some economics grad student should write their thesis on this. LOL

High-end stackable stats food might also qualify or even gems not obtainable from vendors (diamonds, blue diamonds) as long as the market sustained the liquidity of paying for goods with such "substitute money."

You only need something like 105 or 107 CHA to get best buy and sell price, as well. So by the time you have enough plat for the limit to be an issue, someone will likely be over that cap and just have the 5% or so 'tax' or ''money-changer' fee.

The prices get a bit skewed on the high volume merchants (though not by much)...but if that becomes an issue people can just use origin to go to their home town to buy/sell at a more out of the way merchant. So the 'money-changer' fee should be pretty nominal.

Ok awhile back sometime just after they came out with plat bags I got a few at one time but was only awarded 1 and I have to get a gm to refund me and from then on i'd buy 1 at a time claim and then buy another I figured they made it lore so this would not happen anymore.

Also wouldn't 1 plat bag exceed the amount of plat free/silve can have on them at 1 time anyway?

And since it was brought up and this is way off original forum topic does anyone know what will happen to accounts that already exceed what free/silver are able to use when those subs are up?

Maybe I will just set up as a banker for friends that drop to silver....I will hold their PP for a flat fee of 5%. Sounds like I could make some easy PP!