Octa the Collector

You need to clear out an area in the middle of the zone, and wait for him to path to you .. Engage him .. After taking 2-3% damage he'll go active ..

He single rampages. No flurries, no AE rampage.

He spawns adds named "A large systems ______" .. depending on their name they do different things when they reach him. Some can be mezzed, some can be rooted.. Just cc them while burning him down .. Some of the adds have a gflux + dd that wasn't too bad.

Trooper = DPS
Mender = heals
Mechanic = Defensive
Reaper = Procs or AEs

a large systems mender casted 'Air Blast'
a large systems reaper casted 'Life Lure'

Octa himself casts 'Release of Steam'

Fight takes 5-8 minutes depending on dps.

adds mezabel or Snareable ?

last I checked, No. However thats been some very long time ago.

Unless your guild is a massive dps machine, would just simply pick out 1 or 2 of the types of adds and keep those dead while leting the others get though to octa, and burn him down with everyone else.

I believe we stopped the Menders and Reapers ourself.

He spawns adds named "A large systems ______" .. depending on their name they do different things when they reach him. Some can be mezzed, some can be rooted.. Just cc them while burning him down .. Some of the adds have a gflux + dd that wasn't too bad.

Post says they are, I'm not a CC so could not confirm but we had np just burning him down. Will try to ask CC if they can confirm.

we Beat the the first nigth we tried, Some was mezable .

Going to try this with our guild, any tips on what to do with ads?

Going to try this with our guild, any tips on what to do with ads?

We always used to set an add group to kill them when they popped (they seem to spawn against the wall in the center of the zone... where there's a little grate or vent type thing). This was ages ago so my memory might be a little hazy.

You probably know, but the decoder also drops from Oxidulus the Junk Collector (group-level mob).

Iirc North is kill, put a group or 2, probably two there. Have one person kite the 2 clusters of roaming gnomes.

South & east put a paladin and druid at each to snare/root all of them.

Just let west get to him.

Kill, group heal vs the a/es.

Just burn this mob and use 1 chanter to mezz the adds forget everything else just burn it

Adds coming from the east are rootable. Put one ranger out there to root them. Rest did not appear to be snareable or mezzable (at least not for long). however chanters and bards can toss them.

With the east mobs taken care of its pretty east to just burn him down and ignore the adds from west and north that do get past the chanter or bard.

South snares too. Chances are if they are just starting SoF, they won't have the dps to deal with north mobs getting to him, iirc that causes the nasty a/e.

Honestly, this and Wirlem aren't worth the effort. Work on BM 1. It's simple, Bm 2 is a bit harder but not too bad - make sure tanks turn on their aura effects so they can see the graphic that way they know when to move the mobs. Frankly, if you can do Octa, hit MB in the sf instance. Better loot and you're working on progression.