newb question of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

davoreno

Lifetimer
Reaction score
For some reason I can no longer see my mq2 window when I log in. It shows it as char select saying mq2 loaded but once Im in game it's gone...

any suggestions?

Exit out of EQ and quit MQ2 from the icon down the bottom right. Delete macroquest2.ini from your macroquest2 folder.

Re-load everything again.

Fry.

did exactly what u said... twice. no luck any other ideas?

Try loading a different character to see if they have the window. If they do then it's your characters UI files in your EQ folder. If not re-download MQ2,

Fry

Try deleting MQ2ChatWnd.ini in your MQ folder then restarting MQ.

is it possible that windows xp prof 64 bit version is the problem? It works fine on my 32 bit ver comp I am just trying to get it going on my other rig that runs 64 bit.??

64-bit is fine

is it possible that windows xp prof 64 bit version is the problem? It works fine on my 32 bit ver comp I am just trying to get it going on my other rig that runs 64 bit.??

No, 64-bit XP is fine. It is most likely MQ2ChatWnd.ini.... Have you tried deleting that already?

99 times out of 100 it is what noob/protected said. Delete chat window ini.
This happens alot when you do things like change your screen size, copy mq2 folder between computers....

MQ2ChatWnd.ini stores the location of your MQ2 window.

Also make sure that mq2chatwnd is still being loaded when you start up. If you open macroquest.ini with a word processor (notepad) you should see this in your [Plugins}:

mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd

If you do not see that then type

/plugin mq2chatwnd once in game or add it to .ini file.

seems like deleting the chat.ini worked... thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.