MQ2Relaytells v 3.1000

eqbc also has a form of tell forwarding by the way, but I do not use it so I have no idea how well it works. For the record, I think its a good thing that you are creating a plugin that people find useful even if it is similar functionality. Sometimes a new developer puts a new cool twist on it.

Update

Small update to the plugin.

jamie75 asked for a chartacter-based ini file so each char could go to a different channel. I added that.

Just wanted you guys to know I'm still working on this. It's just been hard to find time.

This latest update (2.1200) is not necessary for it to run. I cleaned up the coding a lot which is going to make it much easier for me to add the features I want in the future.

This version will also take care of banker and vendor names correctly.

OK, version 2.2000 is out. This fitlers out relaying NPC chat. NO more banker or vendor spam ... yay!

I think this may be my last update on this unless something really comes along that I feel needs to be added. As it stands, the only thing I'm thinking about adding if a ini toggle for the npc filter chat (I'm sure there's some NPC out there that people want relayed). I doubt I'm going to add that anytime soon.

So barring some major bug, I'd consider this release "final".

Hope you guys get some use out of it. I learned a lot trying to get it working.

Version 2.3000 Released

Well I'm really sorry to do this to you guys, but I updated the plugin again after I said I wouldn't. I got too many requests for things over and over again that I felt it would be much more useful to have them in.

*****Version 2.3000*****
-- Added ini file settings so you can now choose to relay pet messages, including attack, suspend, un-suspend, and "unable to wake"
-- Added an ini option to relay AFK messages.
-- Added the /relayhelp command. This allows you to view current settings
-- Added the /relayload command. This allows you to reload the ini file if you make changes.

There's a lot of what I call "lazy" coding that I'll probably go back and fix, but that shouldn't effect the functionality.

This should handle a lot of the issues that you're messaging me about.

MQ2Relaytells v 2.3010

*****Version 2.3010*****
-- Fixed lazy coding
-- Removed the color-coding (caused messaged to not display correctly in other chat channels

Sorry about that!

I tried it out and it doesn't seem to relay tells when people use ;tell instead of /tell.

MQ2Relaytells v 2.3100

*****Version 2.3100*****
-- Fixed issue with receiving a tell from someone with a familiar (would think the tell came from pet)
-- Added relay for ;tell in addition to the already relayed /tell (results in "told you" instead of "tells you"

I think this will work for you.

MQ2Relaytells v 2.3110

*****Version 2.3110*****
-- Fixed bug issues created by last update

MQ2Relaytells v 2.3120

Every time I think I'm done with this thing, they pull me back in ...

*****Version 2.3120*****
-- Added check for Traders.

Keep the bugs/suggestions coming. I'll fix them as fast as I can.

MQ2Relaytells v 3.0000

*****Version 3.0000*****
-- Added in the ability to relay tells to mail/cellphone using Blat 262 (www.blat.net)
-- Added /relaymailhelp to see current settings for mail relay
-- Thank you to "jamie75" for the suggestion to relay to mail
-- Thank you to "steelers" for pointing me to blat to make this simple once I set it up

Yay! If you have questions about how to set up Blat 262 do not ask me. I could barely help myself. I will tell you that you need access to a smtp server (for example: smtp.mymail.com).

I hope you guys make good use of this. Please don't steal my code! If you wish to use it, just ask me and I'm sure I'll give my consent.

Forgot to mention

You must edit the EQClient.ini file to use the /system command to use the relaytomail function.

You must navigate to your EQ folder and find EQClient.ini. Open it and under [Defaults], add:

EnableSystemCommand=1

should then look like:

[Defaults]
EnableSystemCommand=1

You're then gtg.

MQ2Relaytells v 3.0100

*****Version 3.0100*****
-- Added RelayTellsInGame to ini file. Setting this to FALSE will stop relays to the chat channel (you can still relay to mail with this set to false)

I think this means that I've fixed and added just about everything you guys asked for.

Maybe now I can go back to actually playing the game!

Seriously, keep the bugs and suggestions coming.

MQ2Relaytells v 3.0200

*****Version 3.0200*****
-- Finally fixed the guild treasurer and katta vendors from relaying if NPCRelays are off

Well guys that should be the last bug. I'm sorry I didn't get around to fixing that earlier.

That should be everything that has been asked for with this plugin. At this point, I feel that this plugin is as complete as I want to make it. I hope that you feel the same way.

I want to thank everyone for the suggestions and for finding bugs. I did learn a lot and I feel that I have enough knowledge to tackle more plugins.

Thanks everyone for your support!

MQ2Relaytells v 3.0210

*****Version 3.0210*****
-- Went back and added UserName and Password for mailrelay (if your smtp requires auth & you don't want to/can't install blat correctly)

Well dealing with trying to set up this new laptop has revealed my arrogance. I can't figure out how the hell I was able to install blat correctly on my other computer, so I realized that I could just add the User Name and Password for authentication that my smtp requires to the command line (someone requested this, but I kind of blew it off and I'm sorry for that).

This should fix it. Thanks guys.

1st of all let me thank you for this plugin I'm feeling more and more comfortable with

2nd, would it be possible to extend the relay of tell to other channels, I explain :
I box up to 6 char, some are guildless, some are in my own guild, some are in raiding guilds.
While boxing, I can't follow guildchat of boxes in the background.
What if there was a relay made for guild chat for instance ? You could even relay it through /bc and add the desired color as an option with the color feature in MQ2EQBC so that in you MQWindow you would have your box guild chat with the nice greenish color.

What do you think ?

It actually wouldn't be all that difficult, the only problem would be massive spam if multiple characters are in the same guild. Each character would relay the guildchat, spamming the EQBC. Let me think about it and I'll see if I can come up with a creative solution (which usually means being accused of lazy coding :D )

I'll get back to you.

*****Version 3.1000*****
-- Added the ability to not relay custom tells (ie. plat spammers)
-- Usage: /relaycustom <text> will add <text> to your ini file and will not relay any tells that contain <text>.

old thread bump, even if I have the option NOT to relay trader tells, I found out that Heralds in SoD zones are not recognized as traders.

old thread bump, even if I have the option NOT to relay trader tells, I found out that Heralds in SoD zones are not recognized as traders.

Yeah we had the same problem in the TSS zones with the merchants/traders there. I basically was able to brute code those guys out of the relays.

I don't really play EQ anymore, so I can't promise I'll fix this, but if you could provide the following information, maybe I can try to block it out for you: The trader's name(s) that you're having the problem with (do they a specific title, etc ... are they all Herald <something>?) . If so, the following line could be inserted into the plugin to fix that:
Code:
	if (!strnicmp(ChatSender,"Herald",6)) {					// Merchant with name found?
		if (RelayNPCTells) ReportTell(IncomingText);
	}