Plugin [MQ2Melee] Access Violation - Possibly config issue or Test server issue?

Renji

Developer
Reaction score
NOTE: This is for MMOBugs Test install.

A friend's install of MMOBugs breaks randomly on only one account, and always on that same account, no matter which character is on. Works fine alongside MQ2Bot, then randomly bot stops moving/attacking, just assists, and then next time he "/melee load" or relogs, he gets Access Violations.

Errors appear as this:
Code:
ACCESS VIOLATION Invalid Read at location 0x00656461
[2018/01/13 23:49:13] >> PluginsSetGameState: Line 723
[2018/01/13 23:49:13] >> 0x7485fc96 ucrtbase!strnlen+0x36 
[2018/01/13 23:49:13] [MQ2] MQ2 Loaded.
Code:
ACCESS VIOLATION Invalid Read at location 0x00656461
[2018/01/14 20:49:45] >> LoadMQ2Plugin@181: pPlugin->SetGameState(GetGameState())
[2018/01/14 20:49:45] Warning: Possible dbghelp.dll version mismatch (5.1)
[2018/01/14 20:49:45] >> 0x7485fc96 ucrtbase!strnlen+0x36 
[2018/01/14 20:49:45] >> 0x7485fc96 ucrtbase!strnlen+0x36 
[2018/01/14 20:49:45] Plugin 'mq2melee' loaded.

He is botting 3-6 characters, and only this one breaks. Deleting the .ini's fixed it once, but can't seem to shake it this time. Seems like something is getting corrupt or something. Hope one of you can shed some light.

Thanks!

I could give it a shot.

1) Make sure debug logging is on. Open macroquest.ini and near top under [MacroQuest2] change to: DebugSpewToFile=1
2) Right-click mmoloader tray icon, Plugin Configuration. Make sure MQ2Log is being loaded
3) Start up game, and at some point after the issue happens, right-click mmoloader tray icon, and choose Debug, then Send Debug Report
4) Describe what was happening in the description box
5) Check the checkbox at bottom that says Include Last 30 Event Log Entries
6) Click the Select Additional Files button, and browse to your MQ2dir \ Logs and attach DebugSpew.log and MQ2ChatWnd.log and MQ2ChatWnd_server_toon.log
7) Send the report.

Let me know what forum name it shows up as, and I'll see if I can help out.

htw

My friend submitted the report. His name is "okuna", so you should see it under that. Thanks for the help!

I could give it a shot.

1) Make sure debug logging is on. Open macroquest.ini and near top under [MacroQuest2] change to: DebugSpewToFile=1
2) Right-click mmoloader tray icon, Plugin Configuration. Make sure MQ2Log is being loaded
3) Start up game, and at some point after the issue happens, right-click mmoloader tray icon, and choose Debug, then Send Debug Report
4) Describe what was happening in the description box
5) Check the checkbox at bottom that says Include Last 30 Event Log Entries
6) Click the Select Additional Files button, and browse to your MQ2dir \ Logs and attach DebugSpew.log and MQ2ChatWnd.log and MQ2ChatWnd_server_toon.log
7) Send the report.

Let me know what forum name it shows up as, and I'll see if I can help out.

htw

HTW:

I am having same problems as the other night. Mine is on live server with my warrior. After every kill with mq2bot on it hard crashes EQ client. I submitted a report with logs, debugs, etc.

Any news?

Any solution so far? I have the same problem but had no time to really look into it. No crashes except on 1 single toon out of a bunch. Any information where to search?

Any solution so far? I have the same problem but had no time to really look into it. No crashes except on 1 single toon out of a bunch. Any information where to search?
The problem he was having was with debugging (logging). The exact issue, not sure, I did change how logging was done. In the meantime, it quit when turning off debugging with mq2bot (Debugging=0).

htw

ACCESS VIOLATION

Many thanks for that. I tried to /bot debugging=0 and it said "logging is off" but the error

ACCESS VIOLATION Invalid Read at location 0x00000005
>> PluginsIncomingChat: Line 538
>> 0x7722f8b8 ucrtbase!strncpy+0x198

replays while fighting all the time. I sent the log. Perhaps you have a clue how to stop or correct that. Thank you.

Patch worked

Thank you - it seems that error is gone. Now the /echo command does not work anymore but only on one machine. I will dig into that now.

ok.. back..
Access Violation is back again. It seems it is a kind of overflow. Restarted the whole system, no errors anymore. AFter a while fighting, the error is back. :(