MQ2map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero0003

The One Who Sees All!
Reaction score
is there anyways to have a always up to date map. for some reason my staggers and doesnt update all the time

Sounds like you need more ram/better vid card with more ram on it.

Not sure I got nvidia geforce 7800 GS with over 2 gigs of ram. its like I see a group, They would have someone in thier group pull but i wouldnt show them moving on map but the mob would be running when i can see them standing on the map in 1 spot.

This is common and happens to everyone. Maps do not refresh over the entire zone constantly or you would not be able to play eq no mater how much ram/graphics card you have in your pc.

I forgot the exact range, but there is a exact range that is always updated (I think 500 units + your group itself is constantly updated) anything else refreshes over a certain period of time and I never bothered to know how long that was so cant tell you that length.

is there any sort of way to change it in the code to where it always updates. I know it will use more ram connection speed and such but its always worth it to have it always up to date.

EQ trys to send only information the client needs. This is why mobs on the other side of the zone wont update as often. No real way around this unless you want to warp all over the map every few seconds.

Fry.

ohh i forgot about that!

thats a change from not long ago to. EQ use to send all zone information now its just a certain range. Good call.

Status
Not open for further replies.