MQ2 Chatwindow

poly

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have posted about this before and got no answer. I have search the boards many times for an answer.

Each character used to have the location of MQ2 window saved separately now, each toon that loads, has the window in the same location as the LAST toon to camp. This changed for me after a patch, I didn't change any settings. Ive been trying to figure this out for months. In the ini, it has the setting listed per character, but they STILL all open in the same position.

Can someone direct me on how to fix this? I'm getting really sick of having to fix it each time i log in!

Thank you.

Close MMOLoader, and edit MQ2ChatWnd.ini.

Add in the line SaveByChar=on

Save

Restart, and let me know how it goes.

Hi Fry,

Thanks for the reply, SaveByChar=on is already in my ini.

I don't think i did anything to change this, cause it happened on both of my PCs.

Thanks again

Here is my original response until I saw the SaveByChar option.

---------

I dug a little into this. The last time MQ2ChatWnd was changed was October 26th 2015, and really wasn't anything to do with this.

Htw added /loadchatdefault and /savechatdefault commands in September 28th 2015, which looks to be about saving default location and loading default location of MQ2ChatWnd.

I see character settings are saved in MQ2ChatWnd.ini, but I have noticed new characters settings are not being added to it for me at least.

I'll pass this on to Htw to check out the code and see what he has to say about it.

Thanks HTW!

So just need to update?

Is there a way to make the window stick to the last known position for each account/character? It seems to be saving it to whatever the last toon was logged on. I remember long time ago it used to save it each character.

Is there a way to make the window stick to the last known position for each account/character? It seems to be saving it to whatever the last toon was logged on. I remember long time ago it used to save it each character.

Open up MQ2ChatWnd.ini and add

SaveByChar=on

To the ini.