moveutils

trilithium

Reaction score
OK, I am a noob and I am hoping you dont all bash me and say to seach the whole site looking for this. I hope its easy. I HATE Lethar. I need to face it NE and NW tanking the biach and I am tired of strafing around it and trying to line myself up SW and SE every time the damn reflect drake moves.

I am at the point where I will log its loc for the four times it moves, find the SW and SE point to tank the thing and set 8 warp/loc keys if i have to but i am guessing there has to be a better (and less obvious to the entire guild) way of getting what I want. Is there something in moveutils or some other pluging that will allow me to /stick to the mob facing SW and SE? Or even a way to /stick and move to a specific loc without warping would be better than what I am planning.

Thank you in advance.

you can do a /face command and it will turn you to the right heading. do a search on Wiki for face heading. Should be able to get something out of that to help what you need.

try /moveto loc xyz hotkeys with a nice pass and a /face command

sweet guys, thanks. is there a face direction command? can a do a /face SW for instance? will cut me down to 2 buttons instead of 8 for this fight if so. you may have answered that jim. will look at /face when MQ is back up. again, noob, where do i find WIKI to do the search?

sweet guys, thanks. is there a face direction command? can a do a /face SW for instance? will cut me down to 2 buttons instead of 8 for this fight if so. you may have answered that jim. will look at /face when MQ is back up. again, noob, where do i find WIKI to do the search?

can always play with teh timing but a hotky that woudl be useful could be:

/moveto loc x y z
/pause 15
/face

this will move you to the location pause for 90 milliseconds and then face the target

I'm not too up on the /faec commands but I woudl imagine /face 315 might work or /face NW I couldn't tell you off hand.

>>>>>>>>>>> Borrowed from wiki

/face Turns you to face and look at your selected target
/face nolook Faces your target without changing your vertical view angle
/face fast Immediately turns your character to face and look at your target
/face fast predict Immediately turns your character to face and look at your target's estimated position
/face fast nolook Immediately turns your character to face your target without changing your vertical view angle
/face item Faces and looks at the item from /itemtarget
/face fast item Immediately faces and looks at the item from /itemtarget
/face loc y,x,z Faces the given loc (note: no spaces in 'y,x,z' portion)

If you are essentially moving 180 on Lethar back and forth you could setup up 2 hotkeys such:

/moveto loc bac
/pause 20
/face loc yxz

----------------

/moveto loc yxz
/pause 20
/face loc bac

Would be possible to make Moveutils "move then face targets" instead of strafe to stay in position when 'sticking' to a target?

Example: Target gets pushed so that you are now in the 'frontal arc'. Instead of strafeing around the target to get behind it, just run through the target until you are behind the target, then /face nolook the target.

/face heading ShortName NE NW SE SW N E S W

/face heading ShortName NE NW SE SW N E S W

sweet thanks guys. this one would probably be the easiest. will try it out once we get a working compile up. so I am guessing i could set a key to

/target lethar
/face heading SW

and that should do it. one for SE as well and Im done.

Face away

If you are already stuck behind or pinned to the mob and need to just face away from it cuold do this, by setting up an event capture on text being spat out by the mob.. eg:

#Event Summon "#*#You will not escape me#*#"

Sub Event_Summon

/face fast heading away
/attack off
/pause 10s
/assist TANK NAME
/face fast id
/attack on
/return

use /if target.id etc etc to make sure you have a target blah blah.. OR if running from rogue helper etc can just "/pause" it instead of /attack off. For example.

if you just need to position to a different side of the mob

/stick off
/stick id pin (sticks to side) or /stick front (what it says) or /stick behind (what it says)

That will shimmy you aruond your target tho, and has some delay to it given mob size, terrain etc etc -- or yeah /face fast heading XX will work.

I'm drunk hope this makes sense..

sweet thanks guys. this one would probably be the easiest. will try it out once we get a working compile up. so I am guessing i could set a key to

/target lethar
/face heading SW

and that should do it. one for SE as well and Im done.

the moving from my facing the mob SW or SE is based on the movement of a different drake that is hovering around lethar. There is a reflected AE i am trying to avoid. To my knowledge the drake just randomly moves from one side of lethar to the other. i dont think there is any kind of emote prompting its move so i am going to have to actually watch for it. I am ok not automating the whole thing, just wanted a physical movement to be SW and SE relative to the mob to be automated by a key press.

ok we got a working compile and im having face issues.

/face heading sw se s w you name it. it always faces me north and not facing the mob i have targeted. just north.

what i was hoping for was to target the mob, do a /face sw or a /face se and be facing the mob but in a se or sw heading. is there an easy way to do this? perhaps i am doing something wrong with face.

ok im getting closer. it goes by degrees not directional letters, so sw is 135 and se is 225. so

/face heading 225 - faces me southeast
/face heading 135 - faces me southwest

problem is it turns me away from the mob and in that direction. what i would love is to /stick to the mob then do a face and have it just rotate me around the mob, still facing it, in the direction i need. tried doing a /stick first but the /face comand doesnt move me when I am sticking to the target. maybe /circle but i cant get any commands to work with it. any thoughts?

one you have the mob targeted you do /face fast then to a /stick 10 you will get the results your looking for.

well /face fast, faces me toward the mob. /stick 10 just moves me a specific distance from the mob. i need to be facing the mob while facing southwest, then i need to face the mob while facing southeast. cant figure that out.