Moveutils/advpath Problem

razzy

Reaction score
Hi im having a problem with follow the and bots not stop following at the moment, all they do is face the mobs and then come up with the error message Invalid mappable command or key combo. I think iluvseq has come up with a solution

In the last patch there was a change to MQ2Main.cpp to fix a crash bug when setting up szEQMappableCommands. This change added a check to ensure that the DWORD pointer found in the list is valid. However, this check fails depending on base address assigned to Everquest when it starts up.

The proper code is as follows: (MQ2Main.cpp line 259)

Code:
ZeroMemory(szEQMappableCommands,sizeof(szEQMappableCommands));
for (i = 0 ; i < nEQMappableCommands && EQMappableCommandList && (DWORD)EQMappableCommandList < 0xFFFFFFFF; i++)
{
szEQMappableCommands=EQMappableCommandList;
}
gnNormalEQMappableCommands=i;

The change is simply to update the 0xFFFFFF to a full DWORD (0xFFFFFFFF).

This is why it works for some people, or after a reboot sometimes, because when the EQ Base address is low enough the check might succeed.

Still getting invalid mappable command...

Wizman, zz55zz, either of you using WinEQ or ISBoxer? Same thread said they may be contributing to the problem.

I'm having the problem with keymap and i don't use either. Sometimes it works, other times i log on and it doesn't.

Same here, sometimes the key mapping works, sometimes it doesn't. It cannot see any pattern here, and I have done alot of testing.

As workaround, at least for Mq2advpath, would be to change the source to use "/keypress up hold" instead of "/keypress forward hold". This will screw anyone who does not have the "up" key mapped to "forward" in his EQ options, but that should be a minority, and it would work for everyone else.

still experiencing the keymap problem...basically its useless for running macros in its current state

no isboxer here

Last edited:
sadly pc updated so when restarte MQ it patched now im stuck w this problem

on a diff thread i was asking if anyone knows how to go back to a prev patch (the 16th) which was working fine for me.

I think the new zip has the fix. Please report if your still having problems with stick in the newest installation thread.