MMOBugs Fantasy Football 2012-2013

I'm looking to trade some WRs for a QB if anyone is interested. I have Miles Austin and Lance Moore up for trade. Roddy White and Victor Cruz could be available if its a top tier QB.

What a very weird week in fantasy football.

On a side note I have several strong receivers or QB that are up for trade for an RB2.

Bumping as I am still looking for an RB for a QB or WR. All 4 of my QBs put up at least 25 or more points. I can't play them all and I do need a RB because Detroit decided they would not even give Smith a single rush or reception. On a good note, Ryan Williams had a decent game and that gives me some hope.

tough day for me, lost cj spiller and chris johnson continues to suck ass

The Vikes took care of the 49ers. As Dennis Green says they are who we thought they were. You wanna crown the 49ers then crown their ass, but they are who we thought they were! The Vikes didn't let them off the hook either.

Just wondering how the sub-refs are effecting your league play?? ))

I wish I could take my players out on strike! It's getting more ridiculous every week.

The best QB in the world again had a stellar outing - Aaron Rodgers - 3 points. Whoo. At least my other guys came through this week.

I might put up Andre Brown for a decent backup QB.

I haven't seen any close Fantasy Football matches yet that was decided on a questionable call. I am sure it's happened in other leagues though.

It is drastically effecting FF.

Currently it may not have won/loss any Fantasty games but it has won/loss at least 3 NFL games. Those are points that should or should not have been put onto any fantasy stat page.

GB/SEA game for example that was not a TD.
TD to win the game Offensive Pass Interference or a INT... NO joint catch on that play.

DET/TEN game
Lions linebacker Stephen Tulloch's helmet-to-helmet hit on Craig Stevens wound up as a 27-yard penalty in Tennessee's 44-41 overtime win. In overtime, from the Titans' 44-yard line, Jake Locker passed to Stevens over the middle for a 24-yard gain, and Tulloch was flagged for the hit. Fourteen yards were added to the end of the play, which then was reviewed and overturned because the ball hit the ground.

However, the penalty still is enforced. Instead of 15 yards, officials marked it off from the Detroit 44 -- the wrong spot.

"As soon as the play was declared incomplete, it becomes a first down, and it becomes 15 yards from the play before," Lions coach Jim Schwartz said.

QB are scared look at Schuab, watch that hit... That was helmet to face hit.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-09-24/video-matt-schaub-ear-houston-texans-injury-report-nfl-week-3-helmet-to-helmet-m

I haven't seen any close Fantasy Football matches yet that was decided on a questionable call. I am sure it's happened in other leagues though.

Currently it may not have won/loss any Fantasty games but it has won/loss at least 3 NFL games. Those are points that should or should not have been put onto any fantasy stat page.

TD to win the game Offensive Pass Interference or a INT... NO joint catch on that play.

DET/TEN game
Lions linebacker Stephen Tulloch's helmet-to-helmet hit on Craig Stevens wound up as a 27-yard penalty in Tennessee's 44-41 overtime win. In overtime, from the Titans' 44-yard line, Jake Locker passed to Stevens over the middle for a 24-yard gain, and Tulloch was flagged for the hit. Fourteen yards were added to the end of the play, which then was reviewed and overturned because the ball hit the ground.

However, the penalty still is enforced. Instead of 15 yards, officials marked it off from the Detroit 44 -- the wrong spot.

"As soon as the play was declared incomplete, it becomes a first down, and it becomes 15 yards from the play before," Lions coach Jim Schwartz said.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-09-24/video-matt-schaub-ear-houston-texans-injury-report-nfl-week-3-helmet-to-helmet-m

Did you see Alex Smith's broken nose during the Lion's game?

DET/TEN game

Did you see Alex Smith's broken nose during the Lion's game?

No sir

Not picking on you Jim but I just want to point out, the League upheld the call. The replay booth officials are NOT replacement officials. And the rule is that the defensive player has to have SOLE posession of the ball. This was a good call, but most people won't agree. And I hate the seahawks from them being in the AFC West. Go Raiders!

The pass interference call was completely missed. Of course everyone is going to focus on that and not the dozen other calls that could have changed the game.

also, looks like the NFL said it was a TD today as well.

double also, death to the raiders.

Not picking on you Jim but I just want to point out, the League upheld the call. The replay booth officials are NOT replacement officials. And the rule is that the defensive player has to have SOLE posession of the ball. This was a good call, but most people won't agree. And I hate the seahawks from them being in the AFC West. Go Raiders!

They upheld the call on the field because that they can only RULE on the call.

The only reason the guy made the catch is because he pushed the other guy down.

The pass interference call was completely missed. Of course everyone is going to focus on that and not the dozen other calls that could have changed the game.

also, looks like the NFL said it was a TD today as well.

double also, death to the raiders.

The NFL also states that the officials are doing a fine job, with room for improvement.

They upheld the call on the field because that they can only RULE on the call.

The only reason the guy made the catch is because he pushed the other guy down.

Almost all hail mary passes have some sort of pass interference. I would have been more upset if they called that than not calling it. Also all coaches tell their defensive players to bat the ball down/away from the group.

The rule book did state that a simultaneous catch must happen for the offensive player to be awarded the catch. That in my eyes didn't happen. I am surprised that the league supported the bad call.

BTW, what does a Multi-Billion $ league do with all of the fine money they have been handing out? Does it at least go to charity?

I thot fine money went into players retirement fund or something. Maybe wrong. ))

I think people are being thrown by the word simultaneous. A catch isn't a catch until the receiver has control of the ball. In the instance at hand, by the time the defensive player could have had control of the ball, the offensive player also had his hands on the ball. That is a simultaneous catch. The defensive player cannot be awarded an interception if the offensive player also has possession of the ball. He has to have sole possession. That is what the simultaneous catch rule is all about.

Now, whether or not the offensive player had possession is certainly up in the air, but the rule that was mentioned is entirely correct and is not being interpreted by many people correctly. Also, pass interference is almost never called in hail mary passes. Last time I saw it called was in college about 10 years ago. It's just a slim shot because it's usually 2 WRs and 5 DBs so the defense has the better shot of position and gaining possession. However, as has been correctly cited, the defender in this case was absolutely in the wrong. He was thinking INT and he should have batted the ball away. That would have prevented any simultaneous catch or a TD. Bad decision by the DB, referee's ruling not withstanding.