Melee adjustments.

Barnal2040

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I am kinda new to this melee stuff, and I noticed the new compile came with nothign active. I was wondering if someone could give me an expample line I could put in the config file that would allow me to use Calanin's Flurry, Stunning Kick, and Flying kick? Any info is much appreciated, thank you in advance!

So, becuase of my nebishness, I was wondering where to post holyshits, and downshits, becuase it doesn't seem like they belong as part of your character config file... Or am I wrong? Plus it seems to me that nthey are more spell clickies, which isn't what I need. I need to fire off melee attacks

example monk ini
all this comes into you server_charname.ini

for the rest mq2wiki and mmo search is your friend,there are allot infos about melee in this forum.

Code:
[MQ2Melee]
aggro=1
disarm=0
holyflag0=1
holyflag1=1
holyflag2=1
holyflag3=1
holyflag4=1
downflag0=1
downflag1=1
downflag2=1
tailrake=1
eaglestrike=1
enrage=0
facing=1
fistsofwu=30
flyingkick=1
infuriate=1
kick=1
leopardclaw=30
melee=1
mend=30
plugin=1
pothealfast=0
pothealover=0
resume=20
roundkick=1
stickrange=100
tigerclaw=1

;click monk epic haste gloves 
holyshit0=/if (!${Me.Buff[Celestial Tranquility].ID} && ${Spell[Celestial Tranquility].Stacks} && ${Me.FreeBuffSlots}>=1) /casting 10652|hands

;For monks, toggle enrage detection if you have Master's Aura (makes you immune to enrage)
holyshit1=/if (!${Me.Song[Master's Aura Effect].ID} && !${meleemvi[enrage]}) /melee enrage=1
holyshit2=/if (${Me.Song[Master's Aura Effect].ID} && ${meleemvi[enrage]}) /melee enrage=0

;Uses crippling strike to snare
holyshit3=/if (${Target.CurrentHPs}<20 && ${Target.Fleeing} && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[crippling strike]} && ${Target.Speed}>50) /aa act crippling strike

holyshit4=/if (${Me.PctHPs} < 80 && ${Cast.Ready[Transcended Fistwraps of Immortality]} ) /casting 67742 |item

; During downtime, check my clicky buffs and recast them if needed
downshit0=/if (${Spell[Aura of Pure Arcanum].Stacks} && !${Me.Invis} && !${Me.Buff[Aura of Pure Arcanum].ID} && !${Me.Moving}) /casting "Ancient Werewolf Skull"|Face

downshit1=/if (${Spell[Form of Endurance III].Stacks} && !${Me.Invis} && !${Me.Buff[Form of Endurance III].ID} && !${Me.Moving}) /casting "Ring of the Beast"|Finger

downshit2=/if (${Spell[Taelosian Guard].Stacks} && !${Me.Invis} && !${Me.Buff[Taelosian Guard].ID} && !${Me.Moving}) /casting 101318|shoulders

So, becuase of my nebishness, I was wondering where to post holyshits, and downshits, becuase it doesn't seem like they belong as part of your character config file... Or am I wrong? Plus it seems to me that nthey are more spell clickies, which isn't what I need. I need to fire off melee attacks

You do a search in google for mq2melee wiki

for the monk downshit's i suggest you add in a check for if you have moment going .. mine would always interrupt and waste the free end disc .. also i think i need to add a min endurance check to my aura cause it will spam click it until i med up, causing me to stand and med slower ..

The MQ2Melee wiki I put up here, I included all the things I changed in it, so it is up to date (the official mq2 one would be for the old 4.x melee, without any of the changes).

http://www.mmobugs.com/wiki/index.php/MQ2Melee

For example, you see in there about the synergy setting:

synergy=[0-100]
Will use Calanin's Synergy Disc if Endurance above this %.

htw

Few Musts for monk .ini

Code:
holyshit0=/if (${Melee.Combat} && ${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Calanin's Synergy Rk. III]}) /disc Calanin's Synergy Rk. III
holyshit1=/if (${Melee.Combat} && ${Target.BuffDuration[Calanin's Synergy Effect]} && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Stunning Kick]}) /aa act Stunning Kick
holyshit2=/if (!${Me.Song[Master's Aura Effect].ID} && !${meleemvi[enrage]}) /melee enrage=1
holyshit3=/if (${Me.Song[Master's Aura Effect].ID} && ${meleemvi[enrage]}) /melee enrage=0

If Aura is going, it won't turn off attack on Enrage (good to have on all melee) and will hit Calanin's when it's up, then only hit Stunning Kick if Calanin's debuff is on.

Synergy now has its own toggle based on endurance: synergy=10
also you can customize it for other factors with: synergyif=
and the enrage toggle can be done with the :
Code:
enrageif=${If[!${Me.Song[Master's Aura Effect].ID},1,0]}

more info can be found here