${Me.FreeInventory} - Differentiate between TS bags and normal bags?

zdozbou

EQ Knowledge King
Reaction score
Is there a way to use ${Me.FreeInventory} to return the amount of normal bag slots only, excluding tradeskill only bags? And vice-versa?

If it's not a whole lot of trouble, it would be useful for a macro I'm trying to build. Thanks htw!

Could probably use bagtype. Lucy shows bagtype value 5 for regular bags, and bagtype value 58 for tradeskill only bags.

It would probably be smarter to see if there is a free inventory based on size/type, maybe even by whats on cursor. so that if it is a small item you could have smal/med/lrg but if it was large item youd need at least a large, giant, etc.

Umm... wut? LOL sorry I am not sure that matters, since FreeInventory is total slots available, and he wants just to exclude tradeskill containers.

Ok wait, while I typed, it hit me you might mean like having:

${Me.FreeInventory[small]}, that kind of thing, with if no index (i.e., ${Me.FreeInventory}, it would be all). Also, I would probably have FreeInventory exclude tradeskill in that case, and actually separate that out. I.e., default is all 'normal' containers, but would allow you to include them as a bypass (${Me.FreeInventory[all]} would force inclusion of any container)..

Sound like a fine idea to me, will get on it, that'll be easy to code. Thanks for input!

htw

Yes, that is exactly what i meant. So we can do ${Me.FreeInventory[${Cursor.Size}]} and ${Corpse.Item[x].Size} and see if they will actually fit.

Umm... wut? LOL sorry I am not sure that matters, since FreeInventory is total slots available, and he wants just to exclude tradeskill containers.

Ok wait, while I typed, it hit me you might mean like having:

${Me.FreeInventory[small]}, that kind of thing, with if no index (i.e., ${Me.FreeInventory}, it would be all). Also, I would probably have FreeInventory exclude tradeskill in that case, and actually separate that out. I.e., default is all 'normal' containers, but would allow you to include them as a bypass (${Me.FreeInventory[all]} would force inclusion of any container)..

Sound like a fine idea to me, will get on it, that'll be easy to code. Thanks for input!

htw

That sounds pretty cool and would probably be useful! What I'm more interested in however is something like ${Me.FreeInventory[normal]} and ${Me.FreeInventory[tradeskill]}.

Thanks for working on this htw!

I've finished this, and will be in next release.

${Me.FreeInventory} : Total free slots (all)
${Me.FreeInventory[size]} : Total free inventory slots this size and larger (tiny, small, normal, large, giant, huge)
${Me.FreeInventory[=size]} : Total free inventory slots this size exactly (tiny, small, normal, large, giant, huge)
${Me.FreeInventory[notradeskill] : Total free inventory slots excluding tradeskill container slots
${Me.FreeInventory[tradeskill] : Total free inventory slots that are tradeskill container slots

htw