Maximizing Wizard Burn

Alexandra

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I am looking for a few tips and tricks on a wizard burn.

I start out with Silent Casting, Prolonged Destruction, Arcane Destruction, Fury of Ro, 2nd Spire, Glyph of cataclysm, Fury of Kerafyrm and Improved Twincast.

I normally alternate ethereals ICE/FIRE. I do well, but am trying to find an edge to boost it. Zerkers seem to be taking burns now. Any thoughts? :confused:

First thought is to automate so timing is as exact as possible. Use AAs between casts of spells during gem lockout if possible. Use syllables to your advantage to boost dps rather than blindly alternating ethereals. Instant cast spells can also up your dps (especially during spell version of twincast with limited timer)

It looks like most people use flamewing/ethereal weave and then use the proper ethereal nuke + all the AAs based on ini feedback on bot.mac.

You cannot keep up with a zerker on a 60s burn but they cannot keep up with you on sustained so no use trying.

First thought Prolonged Destruction, Arcane Destruction are the same thing on different timers pretty sure you're wasting one or the other im actually sure you cannot even use both at the same time. Otherwise that is pretty much the burn. (throw in a claw) once you get low on twincast procs to try and reproc twincast buff or refresh weave. DO NOT use claw after you click improved twincast if you proc the buff it will override the AA and you will get the stupid 20s version instead of the AA version. Use it once you're down to 2-3 procs.

First thought is to automate so timing is as exact as possible. Use AAs between casts of spells during gem lockout if possible. Use syllables to your advantage to boost dps rather than blindly alternating ethereals. Instant cast spells can also up your dps (especially during spell version of twincast with limited timer)

It looks like most people use flamewing/ethereal weave and then use the proper ethereal nuke + all the AAs based on ini feedback on bot.mac.

Good suggestions and I had this suspicion, but I am afraid to use flamewings, they proc twincast and can override the long lasting AA twincast, what spells is best to use to get the modifiers?

The Modifiers are useless. You probably have a chanter or bard in group they do not stack with your disc+bard/enchanter buffs.

Automated hmm I think it is timing, I thought I was fast but not fast enough ;)

I have a great wizzy macro that is tuned for timing, not sure how she'd do on raids, can't have her waiting to 20 to nuke

I modified afnuke to use claw and cast the right ethereal based on the syllable buff you got and it worked good except it did not give a dps increase over just using claw and gosik and only using ethereals when i proc twincast or burn a named.