MagePet maker.

Reaction score
Threw this together to save time making a pet after i die...

Have pack10 slot free (code in place to check for this anyway).

Change the declares to suit your own spells.

NormalSpellSet = Your normal spellset name (to load after done)
PetSpellSet = spellset that contains pet spell/pet items/pet buffs.

Update: 12-30-2013.
I have scrapped the project for magepet.mac to handle all pets from level 81 to 100, and instead just fine tuned the code for magepet.mac to check that it gives the correct items (no chance of accidentally giving an item you may have on your cursor while running it).

The macro is set for a level 100 mage, pet levels 96 to 99, and all weapons, mask, gear available to a level 100 character.

It will work perfectly for any mage levels 86 to 100 as is, where you need to target the person to give pet items to. You must change the declares to reflect YOUR spells and spell ranking. Also must change pet weapon spell name, weapon names, haste mask info, armor spell and armor names to reflect YOUR items if you are in a lower pet/gear ranking.

Prior gear levels (level 85 and below) are not supported in this, since the method for gear handling is different.

As always, you will need to edit the /declare section to reflect the spell name and rank (Rk. II, Rk. III) as is specific to your character. There is really no excuse to not have the best pet, weapons, haste mask, armor for your current level.. since they are all vendor purchased.

Just update as needed once better pet /pet toys are available to you by level.. and update your spells accordingly.

This updated version expands on all updates I have included so far.

Syntax is as follows:
/macro magepet [param0] [param1] [param2]

[param0] is the type of pet you want to create (air, fire, water, earth)

[param1] is the type of weapon to be given for 1st pet weapon (wind, fire, ice, taunt, detaunt)

[param2] is the type of weapon to be given for 2nd pet weapon (wind, fire, ice, taunt, detaunt)

Also .. I have added enabling of ghold, taunt, follow. In addition there are two parameters you can change from TRUE or FALSE. There is also a plugin check for required plugins.

First is doDiminutive : This sets the macro to either cast your Diminutive Companion (shrink pet in 1 cast) AA or not.

Second is doAegis : This sets the macro to either cast your Aegis of Kildrukaun AA & stack it with your spell aegis (Aegis of Nefori etc.) or not.

Note: In both cases, you must have the AA purchased and have created a hotkey for them already, if you enable them with TRUE.

Added some syntax checking for param0, param1, param2... and added help parameter.

Using: /macro magepet help will display the syntax help.

Update: 01-03-2014.
All prior postings of stage by stage updates have been removed. The macro on this post will be the only version supported since it incorporates all prior updates and requests.

Update: 01-07-2014.
Re-worked some coding to make sure that /autoinventory and /destroy commands properly take care of the correct and intended cursor items. Also made a slight change to the movement at pet creation time, this should resolve the initial messup with trying to summon items before you are finished moving away and facing the pet.

Macro is updated on the first (this) post.

Last edited:
Nice work

This would be great as an INC that can be added to another macro as well.

/mourn a working Krust.mac.

I have been using this nonstop, thanks a lot great macro, even the find 2.0 works flawlessly, only 1 lil detail I wanted to know, for the weapons is there a way to modify so that for air pet it can give 1 aggro weapon & 1 fire torch 1 of ea for example?

im always torn about the gearing a pet w anything past weapons since there are people that swear that they come w everything a mage can put on them except for the weapons.

and I use melee for pet

downshit0=/if (!${Me.Pet.ID} && ${Me.PctMana}>30) /casting "Aspect of Air" gem5

to make sure i always have a pet (can do as a holy too) and do invis checks

im always torn about the gearing a pet w anything past weapons since there are people that swear that they come w everything a mage can put on them except for the weapons.

If I remember correctly they already come geared, but with a lower level of gear than a mage can summon. So a mage pet has armor already, but if you summon your best armor and put it on it will be an upgrade.

Trying to find the post - was quite awhile ago, and think it was on the mage boards that poofed - but that is my understanding.

Last edited:
Update

Updated for use with the lvl 86 pet armor pack.

It also now checks for pack10 being free instead of pack8.

This assumes that you have HoT expansion. If you dont .... just change:

Code:
|--- pack8=30 - pack9=31 - pack10=32

/if (${String[${FindItem[${InvSlot[32].Item}]}].NotEqual[NULL]}) {
    /beep
    /echo Item is in pack10 (${InvSlot[32].Item}), quitting.
    /end
}

to

Code:
|--- pack8=30 - pack9=31 - pack10=32

/if (${String[${FindItem[${InvSlot[30].Item}]}].NotEqual[NULL]}) {
    /beep
    /echo Item is in pack8 (${InvSlot[30].Item}), quitting.
    /end
}

Enjoy.

Last edited:
How to make him use the new weapons & visor? I saw he used the old visor + old weapon.

Also when he was around to casting the effux ice shield he hanged and just stood there without ending the macro either.

Since i dont have my mage at lvl 87, I have not incorporated that.

Please tell me how it works, and I'll make the changes.

1) Do i need to target myself in order to cast the spell (like the 86 pet armor does)

2) What is the EXACT name of the bag it makes upon cast.

3) Do i need to right-click that bag to create the phantom satchel that holds the weapons ( like you do for the armor backpack)

4) Names of EACH weapon in the satchel.

Provide that to me.. and i'll change it asap... will obviously need someone to test it for me once post it.

Faster u provide the info.. faster it gets done.

Mage is 47% in level.. don't make me need to grind him to 87 to do this myself.. lol

Here's the data:

1) Do i need to target myself in order to cast the spell (like the 86 pet armor does)

Yes for weapons & the haste mask you need to target yourself

2) What is the EXACT name of the bag it makes upon cast.

Folded Pack of Spectral Armaments and then upon right clicking, it becomes Pouch of Quellious

3) Do i need to right-click that bag to create the phantom satchel that holds the weapons ( like you do for the armor backpack)

yes (mask comes right away but still need to target yourself)

4) Names of EACH weapon in the satchel.

Weapons name:
Summoned: Spectral Shortsword (wind)
Summoned: Spectral Fireblade (fire)
Summoned: Spectral Iceblade (ice)
Summoned: Spectral Ragesword (taunt)
Summoned: Jolting Mindblade (de-taunt)

haste mask: Visor of Vabtik (requires self-targetting to pop on cursor)

If I remember correctly they already come geared, but with a lower level of gear than a mage can summon. So a mage pet has armor already, but if you summon your best armor and put it on it will be an upgrade.

Trying to find the post - was quite awhile ago, and think it was on the mage boards that poofed - but that is my understanding.

All 86+ Mage pets summoned with an EM8+ focus don't need to be geared with anything beyond weapons. A Mage pet summoned in this way automatically comes with the same armor and mask that can be summoned. I can't remember what the lowest focus level is where this rule will apply.

With high enough focus, pre-86 pets came with armor, but no mask. Pre-81 pets, I can't remember and don't really care anyway.

None of this applies to BL / Necro / etc pet, of course. Those all need to be fully geared.

Last edited:
I'm just going off of posts during Beta by the devs that were in the Mage forum.

It would be easy to verify with min/max hit on the pet.

The auto-equipping of armor has been around since SoD, if not SoF (I honestly cannot remember how the 76-80 pets worked). It's one of those "we have to have it" things requested by Mages during Betas that they haven't wavered on and that the Devs have gone along with.

But again, could test it to be sure. But there are dozens of posts on eqmagetower.com that verify this. I know a lot of people that equip their Mage pets anyway, just to be sure. I'm just too lazy and trust the word of the Devs (I also no longer solo on my Mage, as I box anywhere between 6 and 9 toons at a time).

Last edited:
yeah exactly a lot of people have been telling me this but its hard to know for sure, any way to find a confirmation by sony?

Ok,

Here is the updated macro for new mage pet weapons, armor and haste item.

This assumes you are at least lvl 88 and have all 3 new pet item spells:

Grant Spectral Plate
Grant Visor of Vabtik
Grant Spectral Armaments

I've changed the additional parameters slightly.

Macro syntax is as follows:

/macro MagePet90 (param0) (param1) (param2)

Param0 is the type of pet you want to summon, choices are:
air water fire earth

Param1 is the 1st type of weapon you with to equip the pet with, choice are:
wind fire ice taunt detaunt

Param2 is the 2nd type of weapon you with to equip the pet with, choice are:
wind fire ice taunt detaunt

If you do not supply Param2, it will default to "Summoned: Spectral Ragesword" for the 2nd weapon.

So, to make an air pet and have him use the taunt weapon and fire weapons:
/macro MagePet90 air taunt fire

To make a fire pet and have him use 2 of the the wind weapons:
/macro MagePet90 fire wind wind

To make an earth pet and have him use the ice and taunt weapons:
/macro MagePet90 earth ice taunt

I'm going off of the information that was provided to me, and assuming the following:

Armor spell "Grant Spectral Plate" creates a pack called "Folded Pack of Spectral Plate", clicking this yields "phantom satchel".

Weapons spell "Grant Spectral Armaments" creates a pack called "Folded Pack of Spectral Armaments", clicking this yields "Pouch of Quellious".

Haste mask spell "Grant Visor of Vabtik" creates the item "Summoned: Visor of Vabtik"

In all 3 sets you must have yourself targeted first, thats how i coded it.

Any issues ... please let me know.

UPDATE: 3-11-2011
Fixed 2 minor errors that were reported to me.
Should be working fine now.

UPDATE: 3-13-2011
Added the ability to specify different weapons and also to use "Aegis of Kildrukaun" AA ability if you have it. This will bypass the 7th buff which is your "Aegis of Kildrukaun Rk. ???" spell. If you have changed the order of this spell in the macro, and it is NOT buff number 7 as I wrote it, then you WILL have issues.

UPDATE: 8-8-2011
Fixed 1 minor error that was reported to me, with the spelling issue of "Aegis of Kildrukaun" aa cast.
Should be working fine now.
Added by request section to summon lvl 86 heirloom items and give it to pet.
This is posted as a different macro down below called "MagePet90H.mac"

Please download the newly posted macro

Last edited:
Works fine, is there a way to add the Aegis of Kildrakun AA rather than the spell version in the mac?

Also would there be a way to add a mixed weapon sets (1 taunt 1 fire) ?

Works fine, is there a way to add the Aegis of Kildrakun AA rather than the spell version in the mac?

Also would there be a way to add a mixed weapon sets (1 taunt 1 fire) ?

Yes and yes .... but to be honest... my time is limited atm .. and I didn't realy intend to spend any more time building customization into it.

What you requested is easy enough.... I'll check to see if you have the aa available first... and if so.. cast that instead of the spell.... and I'll make an option to mix and match weapons... but don't expect it tonight.. lol

Update: Made the changes you asked for, please re-read the post with magepet90.mac, to see the parameter change, and get the new macro.

Let me know if there are any issues.

Last edited: