Macros on keyboard....

Brano11

I am omg awesome!
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a STRIKE 7 keyboard from Madcatz ( http://www.cyborggaming.com/strike7/ ) and I setup a profile on the side keys to the left of the LCD panel. I set them up for my main tank, and then I use innerspace for my other 5 toons. I tried to setup the same keys on the other toons as I do for my main tank, but anytime I hit the macro I made for the keyboard button it only activates the commands on the screen im currently on. If anybody has this keyboard, does anybody know how to make the 1 macro button click to across all instances of EQ you have open?

Or does anybody know how to use auto hotkey, and could that do what I am looking for?

I am assuming from your post you want to broadcast a keystroke to all the EQ clients.

I think ISBoxer is what your looking for. Don't know how many people here use it since this is mostly a Macroquest2 kind of site.

Most of the solutions here will be to use MQ2 + macros or plugins which automate each of the characters in response to events. This can range from minimal "hey everyone assist me and turn attack on" to 100% automated clearing of a mission based on how much time you put into learning the tools and what you want to get out of it.

AutoHotKey (AHK) can send keyboard and mouse commands to a window but I always had to activate the client.

About a year ago when VoA first came out and MQ was down for a while I wrote a script that would send "1" to each of the EQ clients but since I had to bring each window into focus it was kind of crappy and as soon as MQ was working it got scrapped.

I have tried using the mapped keys in ISboxer and tried setting it up, but ISboxer doesnt recognize the macro keys on my keyboard.

Why not set those keys to use EQBC "/bcaa" sends to all.

Why not set the keyboard macros to key strokes. Even with my Logitech G keyboard I set my macros for innerspace as Ctrl + Alt + Shift + 1-10, a-z, innerspace can then send w/e keystroke to each window or which ever windows you tell it to. So for me its G7 = ctrl + alt + shift + 1 -> 1 to windows 2 and 3, this tells my characters in windows 2 and 3 to press key 1 which is set to /assist main, /pause 4, /killthis for the melee, and /assist main, /pause 4, /castshit for the caster

AutoHotKey (AHK) can send keyboard and mouse commands to a window but I always had to activate the client.

About a year ago when VoA first came out and MQ was down for a while I wrote a script that would send "1" to each of the EQ clients but since I had to bring each window into focus it was kind of crappy and as soon as MQ was working it got scrapped.

Wow I couldn't even get AHK to transmit to EQ. You got it working that far, eh?

Why not set the keyboard macros to key strokes. Even with my Logitech G keyboard I set my macros for innerspace as Ctrl + Alt + Shift + 1-10, a-z, innerspace can then send w/e keystroke to each window or which ever windows you tell it to. So for me its G7 = ctrl + alt + shift + 1 -> 1 to windows 2 and 3, this tells my characters in windows 2 and 3 to press key 1 which is set to /assist main, /pause 4, /killthis for the melee, and /assist main, /pause 4, /castshit for the caster

Something like this is what you would want to do. Set your repeater up so that it repeats combo keys but have them hotkeyed to the Gkey.

Hey all,

I have a STRIKE 7 keyboard from Madcatz ( http://www.cyborggaming.com/strike7/ ) and I setup a profile on the side keys to the left of the LCD panel. I set them up for my main tank, and then I use innerspace for my other 5 toons. I tried to setup the same keys on the other toons as I do for my main tank, but anytime I hit the macro I made for the keyboard button it only activates the commands on the screen im currently on. If anybody has this keyboard, does anybody know how to make the 1 macro button click to across all instances of EQ you have open?

Or does anybody know how to use auto hotkey, and could that do what I am looking for?

That is one bad ass keyboard! Makes my G11 look like a fucking mechanical typewriter from 1912 or something!

I highly recommend incorporating EQBC into your botting for when MQ2 is up. Once I started using it I dont know how I ever got along without it before.

Like others posted above. You probably should look into using MQ2EQBC. It can be someone challenging to setup but there are FAQ's which will walk you though it.

I us /bc , /bca , /bcaa with slash commands a LOT to get folks to follow me, assist, camp out, etc.