Loosing access to AA lines

Quackanator

Reaction score
Greeting and a question for to the more knowledgeable peeps out there,
I was wondering if there is a way to check
1) if a passive AA line is working at a specific rank?
/echo ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Combat Stability]} gives True but is there a way to see what rank it's working at?

2) Is a workaround to be able to access AA lines at a lower level (or at the appropriate level) in case you delevel ? (Alt activate XXXX does not work)

Came as a nasty shock with RoF (or a least I only noticed till RoF) that if you buy a new rank of an AA line and and you drop below that level you loose access to the entire AA line.
I've poked about and experimented with sk/cleric/chanter/mage and all seem to loose an entire AA line if you delevel. The most noticeable being CA/CS on the SK. CA (50/50) CS (48/48) at lev 100 and sk tanks fine, drop to 97 and he gets hammered by blue con mobs, the damage he takes increases significantly and he tanks worse than the 97 ranger.
Used /echo ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Combat Stability]} got NULL so was wondering a bit.

The lost off AA line is more noticiable with clicky AA like Cleric Focused Celestial Regeneration line at lev 90 (9/15) but will not work at lev 85 at a lower level.

There are only a few exceptions to complicate the matter, the AA lines that improve another line (hastended/improved etc) still seem to work at eg Cleric Improved Burst of Life at lev 90 (5/10) still improves Burst of Life when used at level 85. And the cleric lev 90 AA pet hammer (15/21) is still usable at lev 85 (summons the lev 85 version aa pet)

De levellign did not seem to affect some passive AA such as Finishign Blow on SK but it did completely remove the Cleric Powerful Elixir line 3/3 (which 3 extra tics at 90 and 1 tic at 85 instead it gave no extra tic at 85)

So initial question of is there a way to measure level of AA use for passive AA? and if there a way to access clicky AA's at an appropriate lower level if you have de levelled.
Thanks in advance for the constructive responses.

This is an old bug.

If you hit say 70 and max out your CA/CS then die down to 69, you have none CA/CS ability until you re level.

Really thought they would have fixed this. I guess it has its reasons for being around still, stop people from farming AAs then using recover.

Exp comes so easily in RoF, just get a good buffer and don't worry about this. Also, don't buy the newest ranks of AA as soon as you level. Wait until you get a good buffer into the level.

He's got to be doing something interesting since he's 100 to buy AA then drops down to 97. That's quite a death loop.

He's got to be doing something interesting since he's 100 to buy AA then drops down to 97. That's quite a death loop.

Was testing stuff, found it easier to sac a char 100 to 85 and use tower raid gear, do stuff for two hours then use expedient recovery than to level a fesh toon to 85 and scrounge about for flags/raid gear and aa's.
Unfortunately I might have to do the latter :(

Cheers all for the responses. Not what I was hoping to hear but appreciated anyway.