Logging Missed Emotes

anothergeneric

Reaction score
How would I go about writing something that records the names of players who missed emotes during an event?

Something like /startemotelog, /endemotelog, then it outputs the names of the players who failed and the number times during that event log into either a text file or the MQ window.

The event I'm trying to do this for is Cacophony of Oratory.
The failed phrase is: Voice of Ryken shouts 'player_name has defied my commands!'

Last edited:
gotta dime those fuckers out!!

Can't you turn log on and when fight is finished go through log searching for that phrase?

Not sure if this will actually work but it goes off of what JJ wrote on a different mac for emotes. Start it and let it run while you're raiding. It will make a log file saved in MQ2Log.ini under [Settings]. You can also turn on timestamps if you like entry: TimeStamp=1 or TimeStamp=0
Code:
#Event missed #*#Voice of Ryken shouts #1# has defied my commands#*#

Sub Main
/plugin mq2log

/echo logging this fuckers for missing the emotes

:Mainloop
/doevents
/goto :Mainloop
/return

Sub Event_missed(string line, string missedit)
/tslog on
/delay 5
/echo ${missedit} missed the emote
/delay 5
/tslog off
/return

let me know if this works.

Can't you turn log on and when fight is finished go through log searching for that phrase?

You can, but if the process can be automated and pick out the exact phrase and parse it, it would save lots of time. Just like you could just walk everywhere, but warping just saved a lot of time. =p

I'm going to test that out tomorrow on regular emotes to see if it works and fix it if it doesnt

I made some tweaks to it and have managed to get it to work. I'll update this if I run into more problems.

I made some tweaks to it and have managed to get it to work. I'll update this if I run into more problems.

Alternatively if it does work, you could post the working version for anyone else that is looking for something, like you were...

Sharing is caring!

Code:
#Event missed "#*#Voice of Ryken shouts '|#1#| has defied my commands!#*#"

Sub Main
/plugin mq2log
/echo _______LOGGING FAILED EMOTES_______

:Mainloop
/doevents
/goto :Mainloop
/return

Sub Event_missed(string line, string missedit)
/echo ${missedit} failed
/return

It's a whole lot better than searching through failed messages in the EQ log, however still a few more questions.

Is it possible to send a brief summary of who failed the previous emotes? Not sure if it's possible, but after testing the macro is sends each line separately.

Example:
Player1 failed
Player2 failed
Player3 failed

Instead, is it possible to have:
Player1, Player2, and Player3 have failed.

Second, is there a way to put in a count feature? Example: Once I type /end (or a different command) it will summarize who missed and the number of times they did? Or, when the macro is running, it adds a counter next to the failed messages for repeat offenders.

Summary:
Player1 (7)
Player2 (3)
Player3 (2)
etc...

Thanks guys, I can manage with what I got now, but if someone who is more knowledgeable about setting this up feel free.

Last edited: