Lazy mans IRC

dulak

Vagoo!
Reaction score
OK all, I'm just a bit lazy when it comes to typing at times and having to remember all the stuff needed to log in to irc for mmobugs while in game tends to get just a bit annoying so I decided to attempt my gimp macro writing abilities once again in the hopes I'll do good like I did with my language macro. Anyhow, it's got a hiccup that I can't figure out. It'll join the server but won't do anything else.

Code:
|irc.mac by Dulak @ MMOBugs
|usage: /macro irc
|Joins the mmobugs irc chat channel. Be sure to add your username/pass where it's specified
|Change NickName to your board nick
|Change Password to your password for irc

Sub Main
/plugin mq2irc
/iconnect irc.mmobugs.com 3122 #MMOBugs NickName
/i msg nickserv identify Password
/i join #mmobugs
/return

Any help would be useful.

You need to authenticate with the server to join the channel #mmobugs, which is why the line "/i msg nickserv identify Password" is there, register a username and password then edit your macro with it.

I'm aware of that, when it has my info in it, it won't do it. All it will do is connect to the server. That's it.

it needs some waits because you must allow irc to connect before you issue more commands.

I'm not sure how delay and such work but I'll look into it later this evening.

Fully automated irc macro

Here you go all. Yet another simple macro from my end. Still don't know quite enough to do anything complicated. This macro is designed so that all you have to do it edit in your username and password for irc and it will do everything else, including load the plugin.

Code:
|irc.mac by Dulak @ MMOBugs
|usage: /macro irc
|Joins the mmobugs irc chat channel. Be sure to add your username/pass where it's specified
|Change NickName to your board nick
|Change Password to your Password for irc

Sub Main
/plugin mq2irc
/delay 2s
/iconnect irc.mmobugs.com 3122 #MMOBugs NickName
/delay 2s
/i msg nickserv identify Password
/delay 2s
/i join #mmobugs
/return

Attachments

• irc.mac
    395 bytes · Views: 6
Why don't you just use .cfg files to run all of these commands as soon as you log in?

I'm a newb coder and not really sure how to set up a cfg file. No matter though. The mac works great and I have no issues out of it now.

I'm a newb coder and not really sure how to set up a cfg file. No matter though. The mac works great and I have no issues out of it now.
Completely understand newb coder...don't understand search function only working for some.

.cfg search gives...

This one 3 down...

This one a little further, but not far which leads to THIS!!

Before you get upset, at least I answered your question while bitching about using search. :)

BC