Lavastorm Missions

ThaShadowknight

Reaction score
Heyas. I've been using lavastorm MM for about 3 years now, off and on. And i've never had any problems till here lately. Let me explains what's been happening.

I have every plugin required plugged in, including: moveutils, exchange, melee, piggyzone (for fade), mmobugstools, mq2twist, and a few others, but those being the main ones required to run.

I use the lslooterfry and lsmainfry version of the mac included with the compile you guys send out each patch.

Now the problem:

Sometimes, when running the macro, 1 or 2 or all (except the leader of the mission) will have a problem once they zone out (and not loot). It spams something about clockwork weapon (not sure of exact name atm) could not be found.... Obviously because they are standing in lavastorm and not in the mission as the monster. Or it'll spam about the repair kit not being found (again cuz they are in lavastorm and not in the mission itself) They (the clients) will stand there, and that message will spam into the MQ2 Window. (i think this might be a problem resulting from exchange possibly?)

Also, randomly sometimes the looters won't loot the shard at end, and will spam the message [MQ2] ! Looting ! "There are no spawns matching: (0-100) any. They spam it about 20 times, till either a) they don't loot at all and continue spammin till mission closes, b) they actually manage to loot the chest and continue the mission as norm, or b) crash out completely and close.

All my buddies who use this macro have reported the same thing happening on their end. We've eliminated the following as reasons this could be happening:

1. Too many windows loaded. I ran 1 window, he ran 3, and friend ran 2... after about 3 missions, i got the error with clock work weapon not being found.

2. Macro being altered in any form. We're using the newer version of fry's release, with only the password changed, and we've also used older versions of the macro, with just the password changed. Same Result from both.

3. User Error. Typically this seems to be the reason for most issues, however we've used MQ2 since 02, and pretty used to the commands and abilities of the macros and plugins we use. However, i'm still not going to eliminate this as the problem :) We all have our oops once in a while, however when 4/4 people i hang with all get the same problem, and we all have about the same expertise with this i try to think it's not us.

I've used every bit of thought process i can put into this problem, to try and fix it myself, but i feel that now it's gone beyond what i can do. And i see the communities responses to ween out the error, or errors.

Sometimes the macro will run fine for days at a time, with no error, then just poop randomly. I've watched it a few times, and even seen it mess up, but it wasn't doing anything that it doesn't do normally. I know death in the mission tends to bug it up, and a quick /fade fixes it typically (like it targeting the chest to loot, it won't loot it if you die too much, it's like the chest is there, but just not lootable at all till a /fade is done.

Thanks ahead of time and look forward to your responses.

Every 6 months or so these macros need some minor fixes due to changes added to MQ2 or the game.

Sounds like a better zone check needs to be added on looters and loot code needs to be messed with. If I get some free time I'll play around with it. With mercenarys in game I would think these macros are useless now though.

Ok i thought that these errors were only happening to me as well. Whew glad you posted this I was going nuts. Fry if you can check up on it when you do have free time that would be great cause i love using this mac to level up low toons while doing chores and watching movies.

Again thanks guys for restoring my sanity.

Not just you, everyone i talk to that uses this macro says it's bugged now. If you don't have a full group you'll bug up eventually, guaranteed. So now i've been running full groups. Can "sometimes" get away with 5 but anything lower than that then your going to bug up.

Also if you start the macro inside the mission it tends to bug up much faster. Best to start all the lslooters in lavastorm first, then start the lsmain to initiate the quest and start the mission. For some reason as well if you die in the mission, once in a while you can't open inventory or loot corpses.... till you /fade. (think i mentioned that before). So the more in the group the less deaths you get the merrier. I remember some of the old codes that didn't use all the warping that had the /fade function in the macro... which when it bugged up would chain /fade ya over and over :).

The only errors i've seen with the lsmain mac is when the leader starts hailing the gnomes. Sometimes, and haven't figured out why... he will /hail all the gnomes, /fade, /hail all the gnomes, /fade, hail all the gnomes, /fade /hail all the gnomes /fade... And will never loot the shard for credit. Which will eventually bug up the lslooters as well.

All in all, when it does work 90% of the time, it's flawless, and is an excellent source of fast AAs and making a new character a bad ass :) like my zerker i started last week who's already 80 with 1k AA. w/ 2.0 and full Crystallos.

Thanks for all your hard work Fry and i look forward to any other macros you put out there :) I was hoping to see something like a Dain1/2/3 Macro or Fairy or Nagafen one that is the same extent as the lslooter has become. :) the ones i see out right now are ok, but yours just pwn face. Thanks again!

how do you manage level 80 1k AA in 1 week...If I leave my shit running for a week I can maybe churn out maybe 700-800 AA

I never used this cuz lots got banned back then for running it. This safe-ER to use now?

lvl 81 Druid to PL (already max AA before SoF) using high lvl Thorns self buffed. Snare pull & AE snare pull 20-30 monsters, use assist mac with the decided PL class and set up your Cycle NPC key through Options > Keybindings > Target. Now let the mobs beat themselves down on your DS while keep yourself mounted (to avoid knockback) and using heals. (works well in OT) in zones where you can't mount, put yourself in the corner (like in The Deep). The macro will assist you and hit the mob at least once, while your DS on druid will mow down the HP of the low lvl mobs. As you keep switching targets, and after you think you've hit at least 90% of the mobs, throw on your AA DS and your Fernspike DS (SoF Spell i think). I got lvls 1-55 this way. Then i grouped with 55 on the druid and used AE Nukes and Thorns, using an ungrouped 85 shaman for AE slows, and HoTs (for the higher lvl zones). Stick to hotzones.

The grouping lvl formula is ( LOW LVL x 1.5 = GROUP LVL ) or to find out what lvl your character can group with who's high lvl, ( High LvL / 1.5 = Minimum Group Level ) ie. lvl 75 / 1.5 = 50 (50 being lowest lvl a lvl 75 can group with ) or 42 x 1.5 = 63 (63 being the max lvl a 42 can group with) Numbers with decimals always round up. ie. 43.57 = 44.

Now 1-55 is fast, but after you hit 56, your in the "magic lvl" 56 can group with 85s, I grouped berserker with my 85 sk (losing the druid after that lvl) and raped face all the lower lvl 60-65 zones. I personally did the Bertoxulous event in Crypt of Decay to get berserker to lvl 66 in the time of the actual event (bout 2 hours) that's 56-66 in 2 hours doing that event alone. (LOTS of ADDS!) Always used shaman for Call of the Wild to rez the low lvl when/if it died. Then used cleric merc to rez after pulls.

At lvl 66 i proceeded to DSK and ground out 70 in about 3 hours time camping Shadowy Student for some AC augs. Then at 70 (on day 2) i put in missions for AAs while i slept, then when i was awake, back at the grind in Valdeholm for lvl. 80 came in about 2 days grind using mission while i slept for AAs and hotzones while i was awake. since you can get 60AA a night, i did set my alarm to get up in time for the 30 point AA using the formula: 3AA every 45 mins = around 5 hours to max at 30.

So, good luck with your lvling, and let me know if you'd like anymore PL tricks :)

PS. Pofire is an excellent place to PL as well, using a max AA 81 Ranger (81 being cap to finish out the Assissination line of arrows). You can shroud your toon to 65 after he goes higher, to maintain the .30% exp gain per kill.. and a ranger can 1 shot kill pretty much anything at Castle #2. making for super fast AA gain, or Lvl Gain. (i stayed away from that though do to it's popularity on my server, which i won't name)