King Odeen

humm

I am thinking we are talking about two different raids/ tasks in this post right?

Jenn

for phase 3 we did the following:

burn Wigni (div arb guy) down. he brings down all others with him, so you have it easy to kill the others as they are on 10% or so.

Next Geriok, then order doesn't matter. Odeen last.

if you engage fast, you can burn down (with disks and all mana etc) Wigni and Geriok, set up Guildbanner in the big room of Phase 2, rez and rebuff there and continue with the remaining 3.

Odeen appears to have been changed...did it a few nights ago and pets didn't get procs at all.

Has anyone done Phase 1 recently? whats the trick with the adds now?

Yea also curious if anyone has some tips on phase 1

Anyone know when the timer starts? Soon as you zone in or soon as you cross N. Gate?

Timer starts sometime after the archers/wizards event ends. The bear goes roaming in, then you start getting the emote warnings.

Best to do that event, and get the lockout, then go back in and start res'd and buffed for Odeen's parts.

Thanks we got past it $$...any tips on the third phase that hasent been said all ready?

We are going in and burning Winglx due to the div arb , but the adds are over running us... How are people setting up groups for this? Off tanking the named adds with a couple clerics in each group, im guessing?

The warrior dude Grenok (sp?) ends up owning for 16kish

Pretty much

We had someone DA and charge in to get agro, ot's peel off their named and take them to opposite corners. Someone kiting odeen, even though he's summoning.
Some else to kite any adds.
Then we beat down the DArb guy, then the one that powers up. The rest didnt matter what order. There is a stunner, which we had 2 tanks alternating, there is the buff stripper, and last was an ae ramp guy? Keep him in a far corner away from kiters.

Well we are close... question now on phase three is the debuff mob. Anyone have some info on this? Seems like some are getting debuffed and some arnt. What I see is the people are getting fully debuffed then taking a nasty dot when there buff bar is empty (clickys ftw?). Anyone know how he works for debuffs? Is it a ae "range"? or is it work off his hate list? Or 100% random?
Can you resist this maybe?

Thanks in advance and the help with the other parts so far.

One think I DO know...phase 3 is a pain in the ass.

I never figured out the debuff guy.
Im sure he does it on the tank he is on, but also, for that wave, it seems like Odeen himself is procing something that strips 4+ buffs as well on the kiter and whomever he hits along the way.

Guess my last questions befor I try this again is ....where are these young wolfs? Only wolfs I have seen are the pets off the master trackers , I think there names were. Like to charm the wolfs if they dont summon. Charming a mob that summons is risky and would like to avoid it if possible. Although I think charming is key to the phase.

Patch > me though. Not looking to try this untill they fix the geometry. Pushing these giants though the world = doesnt sound like much fun.

odeen is tedious, any new developments?

We can get to phase IV no problem, but it seems like King may not be in proper tanking location or something..health keeps goin' up while we're trying to kite the adds. Is the current posted strat still correct? Many thanks to SoE for making this event such a pain in the ass that once we finally win it..we probably won't ever go back to gear up, which is a shame based on the loot tables in FC.

Sadly, that's just a dps issue.
Haven't heard of any stealth changes to tie him to the adds in any way, or to raise his already high regen.
Just kite, and full dps on him.

Royal Captain is simple, this is what my guild did:

Find a good corner, have MT, 2MT, 3ish man rot setup there. Set raid MA to a 3rd warrior, have him target the High Priest and the rest of the raid setup close to the High Priest.

Start the event, have a monk pull Royal Captain to the MT spot and have the MT OT him. Have 1 SK aggro Hanlo and kite him (he is slow, run 5 is more than enough, no bard speed needed).

We had paladins aggro'ing / stunning the wizards, and when someone in the raid got the "glint of steel" emote /audio trigger from the archers, they would run away from the raid (to basically where the trigger mob for event is at). We had the MT and the MA call when they got that emote to warn the rot / rest of the raid to back away. We also just healed thru the wizzy nukes, most would hit the paladins.

Once it begins, Have the MA warrior and the rest of the raid kill the High Priest fast. next move to the Head Archer and kill him, then kill the rest of the archers (no more "glint of steel" emote), then kill the Arch Wiz, then kill the other wizards. Then bring in the kite mob, kill him, and then kill Royal Captain.

The High Priest will rez his comrades, so killing him 1st is basically the key, and you can use enchanter pets if you do that on King for this part as well.

in phase 3 do you have ot kill the adds ?

Yes, In phase 3 you have to kill the adds, if you burn odeen without killing the adds. They "Lock him in a protective bubble" or something and you have to kill them anyways.

any help with the 2nd phase.. we are having trouble with the 4 named at once but it tethers so no room to kite.

Mezz the bear, offtank the rest in their own corners.