Is this a bug?

orion949

Death From Above
Reaction score
I had 53 AAs on my lev 70 Ranger and moved the XP slider down to zero and got the message,

"Warning, spend your AAs now or when you zone they will be gone, blah blah..."

I zoned. Still 53 AAs
I died, rezed to bind. Still 53 AAs
Spent 3 AAs just to see. Now 50 AAs
Zoned. 50AAs
Logged Off completely. Logged back in, still 50 AAs.

Every time I touch the slider it still repeats the big scary "WARNING" but nothing actually happens to the AAs nomatter what I did.

Is this some sort of bug or have they changed the system now?

AFAIK it's always been like this.

I've had over 30 AAs and gotten this message but nothing has ever happened.

Man, wish I had known this earlier. :p

I got that message this morning when I used the slider on my zerker. So I panicked and bought SoD so she could spend some of the 102 AAs she had saved. Wouldn't have done that but what's done is done. Got to spend 85 AA on the spot, but I did get worried after buying the expansion. Was afraid to zone so I /q'd out to server select, logged out, logged back in and immediately spent the AA.

lol Same here, I saw the big red message and thought it was no joke. I guess its just a "scare tactic" to keep people from trying to store AAs.

The only thing it really did do, as soon as I touched the XP slider it went to zero and now will not move from zero. Evertime I touch it, I get the big scary warning but nothing else happens.

Also note: I logged the toon off last night to trader and checked him this morning and still 50 AAs on him.

Used to be that if you had over 30 aa's and you didn't spend them and you zoned you would lose them. I believe they removed the cap in one of the last expansions. Geuss they forgot to remove the message.

if you use the /alt command to change the percentage of exp going to aa's you won't get the message. I think the message is just tied to using the UI slider for some reason.

Pretty sure it's just a leftover from the 30 cap.

If you get to 30 by conventional means, you'll be capped at 30. If you shroud you can go over 30.

There's several threads about this, and I'd suggest that someone lock this thread before the conversation goes down this road again.

originally you would lose the AAs when you zoned few months back it got broken so it no longer kills your AAs on zone if you adjust your exp slider.

Lots of AA

So if I build up 500AA while shrouded, that isn't going to get me in trouble is it?

I worry that someone at Sony will accuse me of exploiting their failure to enforce that cap that we think they intended to remove.

Last edited:
Well, new patch notes are up.
AA's are going to be capped at 30, even when shrouded.

Just another in a long chain of examples of how people get shit nerfed.

Where did you see the info?

I wonder if they're going to reset the aa's down to 30 if you currently have more.

Just another in a long chain of examples of how people get shit nerfed.

Where did you see the info?

Oh... and no one really "got" this nerfed... it's been a very well-known tactic in both MQ2 and non-MQ circles for quite a while. It was a matter of time (although the current AA shroud thing probably helped some).

Oh... and no one really "got" this nerfed... it's been a very well-known tactic in both MQ2 and non-MQ circles for quite a while. It was a matter of time (although the current AA shroud thing probably helped some).

I'd disagree (respectfully) with this. This way of gaining AAs past 30 have become more and more widespread recently, calling attention to it. It's the final part down the line from the "AA shroud thing" you mentioned.

The question is tho, will they retroactively take any AAs above 30 away from you? i.e. if you have a toon running around with 500 AAs with they just *poof!* after the patch?

I'm just curious why you want to earn so many AAs without spending them? I understand why you would want to do that leading up to a new expansion with new AA abilities, but why now? What advantage do you get from banking so many AAs?

maybe for selling characers it might be handy. '1500 aa's, spend them how you want"

It will probably be the old way. Spend them beore you zone or they are gone.