Identifying groundspawns

Blujahz

Your spell fizzled!
Reaction score
I'm interested in doing the collection achievements to get the nice 44AC aug, but it's too risky for me to use /gank on my main. So I plan to run around and pick them up, but I'm interested in knowing if there is an easy way to identify the specific groundspawn I'm interested in.

On the map with groundspawns turned on, you only see it labeled as "Drop", so I wonder if there is an easy way to figure out what groundspawn is where?

I know you can /itemtarget "itemname" but that still does not help you to know where in the zone that item is.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I didn't find a way. MySEQ has ground spawn item IDs, but all the collectibles have the same ID compared to a quest ground spawn.

I turned off all filters but the ground spawns on mq2map when I did them.

Gank also does not work on these unless you are close to the item. It's helpful if an item is stuck inside a chair, but getting it from across the zone doesn't work. If you Gank from far away, the item disappears for you but is still there for others. It's similar to the way they are left behind in kael at the moment.

If not mistaken if you target a ground spawn it shows you on the map if you have them turned on.

Watching people move from groundspawn to groundspawn is getting very amusing. What ever happened to cheating smarter?

Cheating smarter is a concept not a practice.. Some people practice such as myself, and then others just do stupid shit!

I don't really use any form of hackery any more because the purges in recent months have scared the shit out of me.

But when I did and I had the capacity to see the movements of other players it became clear to me that "cheating smart" is a relatively uncommon practice among those who use MQ in whatever flavor. Just the frequency of players logging in the moment a named spawned, and either running straight to the named (even when it was out of tracking range) or---even worse---WARPING RIGHT TO THE NAMED---and then ganking it in front of players (including me) who had been patiently camping the named, killing PHers and painstakingly playing "by the book."

I never logged any complaints but I'm sure other less understanding players do regularly. So, alas, I find it hard to shed too many tears for the sob stories about getting banned "just because I warped ###### times last week!" which appear in threads here from time to time.

Last edited:
If you target a ground spawn using /itemtarget you can use the TLO ${ItemTarget} to get information about it. It should be a spawn datatype so you should have full access to it's name, location, etc.

So if you /itemtarget "ITEMNAME" then you should be able to:
/echo ${ItemTarget.X}, ${ItemTarget.Y}, ${ItemTarget.Z} to know where the item is in the zone. (X and Y may be reveresed on /loc, I can never remember lol).

Noob question, but how do you turn "groundspawns" on your map? Never seen that option.

go to the wiki link on top and do mq2map in the search box.