How to make a Hud.ini

anyone have the code to show when my Mend ability will repop or when its not usable...

I tried to take one of the other abilitys posted in here and just changed the name to Mend but didnt seem to work.

any ideas or can you point me to where i could read up on how to do it...

also when i make changes in my hud.ini file all my char get the changes on teh same computer. i want to try and have different ones for each char. Do i just make a seperate .ini file for each one and name them differently is all?

Looking for attack on or off.. Im sure it's around here some place I just can not find it.

Looking to get what group number (in raid) I am in, anyone?

Similar to
Code:
PPLinRaid=3,5,156,0,255,0,${If[${Raid.Members}>0,In Raid - ${Raid.Members},]}

EDIT: Thanks JJ

Code:
${Raid.Member[${Me}].Group}
So I in my hud.ini I added:
RaidGroup=3,5,yyy,0,255,0,${If[${Raid.Members}>0,In Raid Group No - ${Raid.Member[${Me}].Group},]}

Oh and if anyone is interested:

Code:
RaidMA=3,5,183,0,255,0,${If[${Raid.Members}>0,Raid MA - ${Raid.MainAssist},]}

Last edited:
anyway to change the font size on a HuD?

does anyone know what the code is to show current mana and health regen with current caps?

anyway to change the font size on a HuD?

yes, but you have to have all of your hud in the format that uses the fontsize. my hud is rather large, and i had to modify it all by hand, i dont know of any automated way to convert from the version with fontsize and the one without. if you were asking if there were a command in game to modify it ... that i dont know.
example:

Code:
Players1=	3,[COLOR="Red"]2[/COLOR],5,214,255,128,0,Player's in Zone = 
Players2=	3,[COLOR="Red"]2[/COLOR],95,214,250,0,0,${SpawnCount[PC]}
Players3=	3,[COLOR="Red"]2[/COLOR],5,226,200,205,0,Npc's in Zone = 
Players4=	3,[COLOR="Red"]2[/COLOR],85,226,250,250,250,${SpawnCount[NPC]}
notice the 2 that is the character that determines the size. best way i found to convert from one version to the next is to use the Edit>Replace function (Ctl+H) and replace "3," with "3,2," but you have to be careful and not use the replace all button because you may have a color ending with "3," or a position ending with "3," and you will want to skip those. also at the bottom of the hud.ini you will want to be sure you have:
Code:
[Character_server]
Last=Elements
SkipParse=1
CheckINI=10
UpdateInBackground=on
ClassHUD=on
ZoneHUD=on
[COLOR="Lime"]UseFontSize=on[/COLOR]
most important is the highlited part.

${Me.ManaRegenBonus}

${Me.HPRegenBonus}

Doesn't seem to work, just says 46 for mana regen and 45 for hp regen when added to ui and never changes.. i'm lookn for the code that shows current mana regen and to show limit/cap of it if possible, THANKS!

Did you try

Doesn't seem to work, just says 46 for mana regen and 45 for hp regen when added to ui and never changes.. i'm lookn for the code that shows current mana regen and to show limit/cap of it if possible, THANKS!

just curious, but did you try those codes without the "bonus" in there? worth a shot.
cant see it now but I think maybe: ${Me.ManaRegen}

Tried those they worked. Wiz standing regen 34, OOC sitting is 374. I couldnt find clarity or whatnot to test that yet. Mana regen code working
be sure to change the red numbers to what you need.

Code:
Mana=3,5,[COLOR="Red"]122[/COLOR],0,255,200,ManaRegen - ${Me.ManaRegen} /tick

tried the HP one doesnt work for me right now though

Code:
HP=3,5,[COLOR="Red"]134[/COLOR],0,255,200,HP_Regen - ${Me.HPRegen}

Last edited:
just curious, but did you try those codes without the "bonus" in there? worth a shot.
cant see it now but I think maybe: ${Me.ManaRegen}

That worked, thanks! Is there any way to show the current cap though of mana regen from equipped items so i can see how much i have equipped versus what i'm allowed? I remember there being something like that back in the day for the UI i just can't find it anywhere

cap?

I couldnt figure out how to display the cap yet. Will look again later if no one else posts it.

That worked, thanks! Is there any way to show the current cap though of mana regen from equipped items so i can see how much i have equipped versus what i'm allowed? I remember there being something like that back in the day for the UI i just can't find it anywhere

This is from showbonuses.mac but it does something sorta like that. Would have to change it around a little bit for the hud but I think that is what you are looking for. It also applies to regen and attack

Code:
    /if (${Me.AltAbility[Expansive Mind]} == 25) {
        /echo Mana Regen: +${Me.ManaRegenBonus} / 20
    } else /if (${Me.AltAbility[Expansive Mind]} == 20) {
        /echo Mana Regen: +${Me.ManaRegenBonus} / 19
    } else /if (${Me.AltAbility[Expansive Mind]} == 15) {
        /echo Mana Regen: +${Me.ManaRegenBonus} / 18
    } else /if (${Me.AltAbility[Expansive Mind]} == 10) {
        /echo Mana Regen: +${Me.ManaRegenBonus} / 17
    } else /if (${Me.AltAbility[Expansive Mind]} == 5) {
        /echo Mana Regen: +${Me.ManaRegenBonus} / 16
    } else {
        /echo Mana Regen: +${Me.ManaRegenBonus} / 15
    }

FYI

Just wanted to point out that the Regen numbers the HUD is showing is determined by regeneration from last tick it is not constantly updated. So do not be suprised if it shows 370+ when you are running around after medding to full. its all from the last tick, for mana and HP.

BTW the HP one above does work. As soon as I read about the "regeneration from last tick " I jumped off a building.. and yup. works.

*edit*
Anyone else looking to add some fun things to the Ini.. log into the IRC and enter !Quote 305 then ENTER. read it, OR go here: http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/DataType:character

you can use almost any of those in your HUD.ini just remember the ${Me.XXX} where XXX is whatever variable you want from that list.

Last edited:
Someone try this out...not sure if it will work, but if it does, this will display the minimum level you can group with for THAT person to get xp on MinLvl, and the maximum that you can group with for YOU to get xp on MaxLvl

Code:
MinLvl=3,5,122,0,255,200,MinLvl - ${Math.Calc[${Me.Level}/1.5]}
MaxLvl=3,5,122,0,255,200,MaxLvl - ${Math.Calc[${Me.Level}*1.5]}

Thanks to JJ for syntax

I couldnt figure out how to display the cap yet. Will look again later if no one else posts it.

I have not been able to find this anywhere either, i used to have it a few years ago. Caps for food/water levels, mana regen as far as how much with equipped items you were allowed vs. what you actually have. if anyone finds out please post! THANKS!

I didn't look up regen cap but I pulled this from my hud for you. It displays what lvl your food drink is at /6000 which is the normal threshold if you don't use docrack for forcefeed food/drink.

${Me.Thirst}/6000
${Me.Hunger}/6000

Someone try this out...not sure if it will work, but if it does, this will display the minimum level you can group with for THAT person to get xp on MinLvl, and the maximum that you can group with for YOU to get xp on MaxLvl

Code:
MinLvl=3,5,122,0,255,200,MinLvl - ${Math.Calc[${Me.Level}/1.5]}
MaxLvl=3,5,122,0,255,200,MaxLvl - ${Math.Calc[${Me.Level}*1.5]}

Thanks to JJ for syntax

Works great, but I changed ${Math.Calc[${Me.Level}/1.5]} to ${Math.Calc[${Me.Level}*(2/3)]} just becaus i'm a weirdo.

I'm still new to making my own HUDs, so I don't know the syntax to do it myself, but it'd be more helpful with a roundup rather than the 2 decimal places.

i place this

AttackSpeed1=3,5,478,128,128,255,Attack Speed
AttackSpeed2=3,75,478,255,255,255,= ${Me.AttackSpeed}

and any haste i have even without haste it write 142 ) any error in this ? or it write the max speed possible for my char in that case what i need to to put in formula to have my own speed ?