how to get the best out of the bard bot

prado1586

Reaction score
i feel like im missing something. whether it be spell lineup or maybe my .ini is off. but i feel like the bard never goes through and does any of the group beneficial spells during combat. anyone have anyidea or a good spell lineup to use?

like do i do group spells in slots 2/3/4/5/6 and then slows/mezes? i have mezes and slows up top...

I've never used MQ2Bot on a bard. Bard is the hardest class to write a bot for. I end up using it as my puller, and hotkey twist during combat.

Hopefully someone who uses MQ2Bot for bard has some hints on how to best set them up.

i like using mq2medley
a basic assist macro and medley
afmelee is what i use as base for macro
then holyflags and medley and call it a day
i dont do single mez song just ae and sometimes do aa mez

I run my bard using MQ2bot and MQ2Twist but mainly as a puller with the Pullfarm.mac macro. When she's not pulling I run the bard as the command ship for my group on missions and tasks, still using MQ2Twist.

I set up a hot key /twist 6 1 9 5 2 4 7 and then another hot key /twist off. Where the number corresponds to the spell gem number.

Code:
6- Selo's
1- Chorus of Xigam
9 - War March of Dekloaz
5 - Dirge of Lost Horizons
2 - Filjanuk's spiteful Lyric
4 - Kluzen's Spry Sonata
7 - Shardstubble's Assonant Binding

Don't know if this is the best/optimal rotataion but it works prett well for me.

Lugut

Last edited:
Reactions: Chiifin
im going to have to start using medely, never have. that and make bard my main i guess.

lugnut the other spells on your spellbar are just slows/mezes? or do you run nukes/dots as well to maximize bard

I keep calming spells and mez (singled and AoE) in the other spots. I don't really use them often when I pull, it's much easier to dump the mobs using Fading Memories and then pull in the single once they split.

I don't worry about dots for the bard, I have enough other DPS that it's not an issue. My main goal for the bard is to buff the group and pull. She does do DPS to help out, but again from my perspective not the primary function. I'm going to twist in Arcan Ballad as well.

I found MQ2Twist easier than medley...but whatever works best for you.

Last edited:
so bard is all about group boosting essentially. all group spells i can to give casters this or that, all melee beneficial i can. And essentially learn to love a bard because its now my main?

im not fan of arcane or suffering if the classes that make up the grp arent benefiting from the procs

do an audio trigger or just watch a toon see how may procs of the 3 they use b4 the 24s are up

if the song ends and refreshes and the counter never goes down its really not helping that grp member

my 2cp