Hooked again, need recommendations :(

cadman

Lifetimer
Reaction score
The last expansion I played in was the beginning of Cotf. I've been recommended to do the dead hills tasks for exp, which seem to be awesome. However, item wise I'm already done with Cotf.

My dps destroys all tiers of cotf mobs, and with a bard puller I can reliably get singles pretty much wherever I pull. With a team of 3 + 3 mercs, (including a tank merc), should I jump straight to EoK easy zones and hunt there hoping for rares? Or work through TBM?

Also, wth is up with the items from TBM? 300hp items? Or do you need to do tasks to get augs for them to stop sucking hard? My only resource is ZAM at the moment, is there a better info site?

Honestly, I would skip TBM and go straight to the EOK zones if you are able. Try taking some zone trash in Lcea and see how you fare. If you can easily kill it, try for some of the named. The exp in EOK is so much better than TBM and the group gear you get from EOK tier 2 is close to TBM raid gear stat wise. Furthermore, if you can kill in FM, you will usually see people spamming general and ooc with rot gear. It is a fast and easy way to gear up your team.

Cool, will look it over. Is it worth doing TBM progression to hit 105, then move to EOK? I haven't been in an EOK zone yet, and my 90khp buffed chars are only in COTF gear.

yes it is worth doing TBM progression, u will need to get your DIchotomic spell for your class. look here eq:The Broken Mirror Overview :: Wiki :: EverQuest :: ZAM for OVERVIEW. once you have done ALL PROGRESSION and got your spell 6/6 if pet class camp named for earring

start doing EOK progression......( spider caves = SUCK ASS < bring a chanter or bard or BEEFY TANK > )

get Tier 2 Group gear - Selrach's it is around 4500 H/M/E

find nice Raiding guild and get 6000 H/M/E Raid gear !!!!!

GL

Cool, will look it over. Is it worth doing TBM progression to hit 105, then move to EOK? I haven't been in an EOK zone yet, and my 90khp buffed chars are only in COTF gear.

yes it is worth doing TBM progression, u will need to get your DIchotomic spell for your class. look here eq:The Broken Mirror Overview :: Wiki :: EverQuest :: ZAM for OVERVIEW. once you have done ALL PROGRESSION and got your spell 6/6 if pet class camp named for earring

start doing EOK progression......( spider caves = SUCK ASS < bring a chanter or bard or BEEFY TANK > )

get Tier 2 Group gear - Selrach's it is around 4500 H/M/E

find nice Raiding guild and get 6000 H/M/E Raid gear !!!!!

GL

It sort of depends on the classes that he plays. Many classes have dicho spells that are worthless. I know he has a bard but bard dicho is nearly useless since the nerf. Honestly, I would go for the gear and augs in EoK and then go back to TBM and farm some of the more useful augs from there and then work on the dicho spell if it's worthwhile.

It sort of depends on the classes that he plays. Many classes have dicho spells that are worthless. I know he has a bard but bard dicho is nearly useless since the nerf. Honestly, I would go for the gear and augs in EoK and then go back to TBM and farm some of the more useful augs from there and then work on the dicho spell if it's worthwhile.

Going with bst and ber and bard, on druzzil. The bst and ber spells look okay, and they look like they stack.

get yourself a real tank :)

Merc tank won't cut it? don't have much aa on it at the moment, and 3 boxing is about as much as I am able to handle at the moment (heck at this point even THAT is hard, need more practice).

Honestly, I would skip TBM and go straight to the EOK zones if you are able. Try taking some zone trash in Lcea and see how you fare. If you can easily kill it, try for some of the named. The exp in EOK is so much better than TBM and the group gear you get from EOK tier 2 is close to TBM raid gear stat wise. Furthermore, if you can kill in FM, you will usually see people spamming general and ooc with rot gear. It is a fast and easy way to gear up your team.

Looking at the dicho spells, i might do a bit of both. Maybe a task a night, then some exp burning in EOK. Will go with Time Travelling Mulletman's idea and see if I can take on a FM / LC mob without dying horribly.

Blitz, I strangely miss your old sig with the newspaper advert about time travel. I'm not sure why. :(

If you want to handle EOK named etc you might need a real tank.

I would second William's comment. A real tank helps a lot if possible with your setup. If you are having trouble boxing the tank, look at some of the bots on this site. Bot40.mac and the MQ2bot plugin both work well for boxing the tank and allowing you to focus on one character. The only downside to using a real tank is you will almost have to sub him due to the prestige gear and need for augs. Tanks are very gear dependent.

See? It's nostalgia affecting my judgement :( Next thing you know I'll be re-subbing the paladin too, dammit.

If i had it to do over again i would take a paly/sk over the warrior for group content

I think war clr better than silly knights :p I do have slow belt tho lol

I'd agree with rolling with a real tank.

I came back and was able to skip TBM. Brd/Sk/Zerk

Never had issues with any named in T1/T2

If i had it to do over again i would take a paly/sk over the warrior for group content

Warrior is better. Flash of anger is what 90s refresh now ? You can basically fort for 10s on every pull. Warrior is all about knowing what to use and when you can tank 10 mobs without CC if your defensive stuff is up easily.

Warrior using 2hb seems to still parse well.

I did a preliminary 2 hour parse and my dps pre-nerf was 98k dps sustained (13 hour parse sustained), post-nerf 88k dps sustained (2 hour parse), but the parse was only 2 hours long, will have to test more when I get time.

Kinda odd since the stance was nerfed by 30%. I was expecting around a 30k dps drop.

Curious what duel-wield is yielding for people.

Last edited: