hacked beam pulls??

Rejoice913

Premium Member
Reaction score
I was doing beam pulls and I popped out of zone to get another. I accidently hit my warp to npc key ive had for years. Some guy seen it and ask if he could join my hacked beams pulls. I dont know what this is and would like any info.

I cant for the life of me figure out how mq2 can help you pull a full zone. Any ideas? This is obviously a real thing its not the first time ive heard about it.

To an end user, it looks like everything is warping when you pull the entire zone. not sure if that is what he was talking about?

cant pull entire zone

prob anothe mq user if he saw u warping

on a side note cant believe you are warping even by accident

since you had to enable alot of shit to do warp (thats no accident)

cant pull entire zone

prob anothe mq user if he saw u warping

on a side note cant believe you are warping even by accident

since you had to enable alot of shit to do warp (thats no accident)

To be clear, I meant traditionally with beam kiting, you pull as many mobs as possible. Like, 90% of icefall at once.

To be clear, I meant traditionally with beam kiting, you pull as many mobs as possible. Like, 90% of icefall at once.

Untill the zone chokes on the lag .. isnt that how you get beam kiting to work properly? So much lag that the mobs chunk up, or maybe I've just been doing it wrong :p

You want the zone to choke. Then you can stand still and nuke to your hearts content. Mobs will lag out and never get to you.

Didn't realize you could actually kite legit with it tho, haha.

Last edited:
The first time I ever encountered zone choke was the MG anniversary mission spawning those bots with that phrase, when you aggro'd them they just stood still. Wonder what zones are good for zone choking, seems like you'd have to hit 120+ mobs for that to occur. Only one I can think of the top of my head is Field of Scale.

We do it in Plane of Shadows when no one else is in the zone. You'll definitely get accused of lagging the zone if you do it when people are there. We also do it in a Windsong Instance, but the pulls are a PITA (and yes, you're trying to pull as many mobs at once as possible, 135 is a good pull.

Last edited:
We do it in Plane of Shadows when no one else is in the zone. You'll definitely get accused of lagging the zone if you do it when people are there. We also do it in a Windsong Instance, but the pulls are a PITA (and yes, you're trying to pull as many mobs at once as possible, 135 is a good pull.

Wow, how do you manage that, once you get about 400 locs away from a mob, assuming you warped it looses aggro and resets 90% of the time. It would be tough getting through the zone without being splattered by your own train, i'm assuming you kite in the zone in field area?

Wow, how do you manage that, once you get about 400 locs away from a mob, assuming you warped it looses aggro and resets 90% of the time. It would be tough getting through the zone without being splattered by your own train, i'm assuming you kite in the zone in field area?

Getting splattered is routine. It's so difficult as to make you want to pull out your hair and give up. Death for the puller comes 75% of the time. We don't snare the mobs. If you have lesson on, though, the reward can be phenomenal.

Getting splattered is routine. It's so difficult as to make you want to pull out your hair and give up. Death for the puller comes 75% of the time. We don't snare the mobs. If you have lesson on, though, the reward can be phenomenal.

Define phenomenal in this sense?

Honestly, I exaggerate. Like headshotting with a ranger, you end up with quite a few AA over a period of time. In terms of regular experience, going from the bottom of 99 to dinging 100 took four pulls in Windsong where the mobs are a mix of light blue and dark blue at that level.

I normally use the evantil instance, and in 25mins will do a 85-90 mobs pull and loot. I use snares to avoid any deaths during the kill part. Short time to snare with macros, to save dieing and missing out on variable amounts of mobs of exp. Also 85-90 is A LOT quicker to pull and group up then it is to pull and group up even 100-110 in comparison. More, I would just be too impatient.

I wouldn't call it phenomenal, but it's definitely easy.

Personally I campfire in/gate out 3 chars with a lesson running so can make about 30-40 pulls of xp on a lesson.

And for HUGE swarms, I think highest number I did was back in fort mech on my sk about 184 and the time it takes to pull it not worth the trouble. Unless you are trying to make use of a lesson on a person camped or something.

Honestly, I exaggerate. Like headshotting with a ranger, you end up with quite a few AA over a period of time. In terms of regular experience, going from the bottom of 99 to dinging 100 took four pulls in Windsong where the mobs are a mix of light blue and dark blue at that level.

And how long do those 4 pulls take given wipes and such?

I normally use the evantil instance, and in 25mins will do a 85-90 mobs pull and loot. I use snares to avoid any deaths during the kill part. Short time to snare with macros, to save dieing and missing out on variable amounts of mobs of exp. Also 85-90 is A LOT quicker to pull and group up then it is to pull and group up even 100-110 in comparison. More, I would just be too impatient.

I wouldn't call it phenomenal, but it's definitely easy.

Personally I campfire in/gate out 3 chars with a lesson running so can make about 30-40 pulls of xp on a lesson.

And for HUGE swarms, I think highest number I did was back in fort mech on my sk about 184 and the time it takes to pull it not worth the trouble. Unless you are trying to make use of a lesson on a person camped or something.

That is exactly what I was trying to say. Rooster just said it better. Phenomenal is probably too strong, but definitely good. We have people camped or CF'd in from POK/GL just before mobs start dying. Big pulls are a pain, but in our case we have three real people doing it and it becomes a bit of a competition. We haven't done Evantil except maybe once, I don't know why. Rut? We have done parts of Fear (not big pulls) when we found the zone empty.

And how long do those 4 pulls take given wipes and such?

I'm going to say two hours. I'm not timing it. Could be 90 minutes, but things would have to be clicking.

Nice. I am currently raising a new team for the purpose of swarm and/or PL. Not to derail, but what classes do you find most helpful in this situation? My primary 3 I am going to use are Clr, Shd, Brd.

Nice. I am currently raising a new team for the purpose of swarm and/or PL. Not to derail, but what classes do you find most helpful in this situation? My primary 3 I am going to use are Clr, Shd, Brd.

There are a lot of people much smarter than me about stuff like this, but Ranger (snare and WS) and Mage (if beam kiting). We snare smaller pulls, but stopped snaring as the pulls got bigger mainly for reasons already mentioned. Our group was doing headshotting in Feerrott before we got into beam kiting.

You can also use a shadow knight from what I've heard, but none of my group run a shadow knight, we tend to be mage, wizard, ranger, necro heavy. In our extended group, there's one warrior, one bard, one chanter, and one shaman.

Lately, we've moved on from beam kiting to doing Menace, Doom, and Horror, the T4 group mission. It's ridiculously easy, has a nice loot table. Our best time is something like 20 minutes for the mission and it beats camping nameds. Can only do it once or twice a day, because of lockouts. Good way to gear up alts.