GM Sedwick

Larsen

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Quietly sat there watching TV with the Spelltrain mac running on my Necro working up his Evocation. I'm sat in a really remote area of Butcherblock, well off the beaten track when up pops GM Sedwick in front of me. GM Alert goes off and my Mac shuts down (So big thanks to whoever wrote it, no credits written in the macro).

Now, I cannot imagine why he came looking for me. I'd been there at least 3 hours when he turned up, so why would he think there was anything suspicious about it?... All very odd if you ask me.

Anyway, the cheaky fecker gave me a Gnome Sandwich (Necro is a Gnome) and had a bit of the usual RP banter with him before he just buggered off.

Because you are out of the way just standing in a spot for long period of time, sometimes they come to check. I am not a big fan of /endmacro when GM sub gets called because it looks like your trying to hide something. They test if you are macroing by doing some invis on off commands.

I think GM's just get bored sometimes? Or maybe they do actually check for hacks. I was in Timorous Deep killing Raptors a while back (before I had/used MQ) and a GM just popped up right next to me while I was medding and gave me some cookies and milk. I wasn't really in the chatting mood but played along and was nice/friendly anyway.

Take it from a former guide, GM invis doesnt work with MQ2, as soon as a GM spawns in a zone a new Spawn.ID will show up immediately. The GMcheck plugin will see that new spawn and alert you. I even tried it by 2 boxing my gimp account and my guide accout to try to break the plugin, its just not possible. GMs spawn and it alerts you, so no worries about a hidden GM nabbing you.

Guides might not be able to hide from MQ2 but I know for a fact SOE GM's can.

Fry.

Last edited:
Darg said:
Take it from a former guide, GM invis doesnt work with MQ2, as soon as a GM spawns in a zone a new Spawn.ID will show up immediately. The GMcheck plugin will see that new spawn and alert you. I even tried it by 2 boxing my gimp account and my guide accout to try to break the plugin, its just not possible. GMs spawn and it alerts you, so no worries about a hidden GM nabbing you.

Guide!=GameMaster(GM)

A SOE GameMaster(GM) can hide 100% from MQ2 he can stand in front of you talk to you give you a cookie and never set off your Alert or show up on /who or the /superwho list.

If you can see him... you can detect a GM.

There is no way for a GM to talk with you, or give something without data being sent to the client.

Darg said:

as Fry and JJ has said GM is not a guide.

I've been followed many times in game by gm-admins.

One time in fire I had Gm-admin appear for 1.sec near me. He didn't show up in who/whoall , plugin didn't pick him, showeq didn't, macro didn't.

But I seen him for second before he was gone. ( I had just happened to be pulling npc back to camp when I seen him) I started to talk to him. Hello, etc.... after 1/2 hour he finally started talking , while still invis.

I could send him /tells while he was invis. After two hours of him watching me, he vis'd said goodbye.

Every day, between 12:00am to 8am(est), He'd show up invis and watch me, he did this for two months.

I setup my script to /tell hisname hello every 5mins.

If it went tho, my macro's would stop.

After two months tho, I finally told him fuck off and leave me alone. He banned my warrior.
I complained to Dean Graf, head of gm's. Who overturned the ban three weeks later.
Basically said if I was cheating why did he not ban other 23 chars I had there for last 2 months.

Larsen said:
Quietly sat there watching TV with the Spelltrain mac running on my Necro working up his Evocation. I'm sat in a really remote area of Butcherblock, well off the beaten track when up pops GM Sedwick in front of me. GM Alert goes off and my Mac shuts down (So big thanks to whoever wrote it, no credits written in the macro).

Now, I cannot imagine why he came looking for me. I'd been there at least 3 hours when he turned up, so why would he think there was anything suspicious about it?... All very odd if you ask me.

Anyway, the cheaky fecker gave me a Gnome Sandwich (Necro is a Gnome) and had a bit of the usual RP banter with him before he just buggered off.
Are you seruous nothing odd ?
you sttod on one spot for 3 houurs casting a spell ? who does that. why would someone who s doing that safely need to be hidden ? why 3 hours?

Yes but how would he of seen me to see I was doing something odd. Now if he happened to wander into Butcherblock and see a level 75 there, he may wonder what I was doing there. But are you telling me these CS guys have nothing better to do all day than wander around random zones on the off chance someone is doing something a bit odd?

Made me wonder if I've been flagged for some reason.

Oddly enough, the first bit of "macroing" I ever did was to work up my spell casting skills. Many years ago before MQ or anything like it, I dug out my old Meccano set from the attic and made a "Key Presser". Setup a hot key to cast the spell then positioned the "KP9000" over the 1 key and left it to it...
Now I'm quite sure Wallace and Grommit could come up with a similar system to do the whole LSMM over and over! Strictly speaking you'd not be using 3rd party software to cheat, but you might have a job on your hands convincing Dean Graff of that one...

I can tell ya now. Any GM-admin, the person who works at the SOE office wont be seen by MQ. You can swear up and down that thier is a plugin that will show it. Thier is only the one if a gm who has a flagged char as a gm acct would show up if they want to be.

Hell I know some gms would decide to become a npc to watch the person. No radar would show up or anything because the gm would be a npc toon not a gm pc which that is what any gm check plugin would look for.

Zero0003 said:
I can tell ya now. Any GM-admin, the person who works at the SOE office wont be seen by MQ. You can swear up and down that thier is a plugin that will show it. Thier is only the one if a gm who has a flagged char as a gm acct would show up if they want to be.

Hell I know some gms would decide to become a npc to watch the person. No radar would show up or anything because the gm would be a npc toon not a gm pc which that is what any gm check plugin would look for.

Yes. Correct, unless they interact with you. Then you have a way to track them.