GM room?

Haha nice! So did they actually take up the entire Plane of Air for a guide/gm home? Or was it just a secluded isle?

Before the guides had their own zone (CS Home) we hung out in a room in the POA. It was kinda cool.

The cat on all the walls in the safe boxes belonged to the lead graphics dev back when EQ was in development.

If you want to mess around in CSHome, you can fire up an EQEmu with the PEQ database (the npc's are in the correct spots with correct gear for sale). Just download the cshome files... nothing special really, just looks like Erudin palace.

Haha nice! So did they actually take up the entire Plane of Air for a guide/gm home? Or was it just a secluded isle?

The entire PoAir wasn't open yet, so they had free run of it ya.
But the room itself was where the quest room is now.
Below your feet when you zone in.

Ah that's cool. I wondered about that back when it was in PoA. I became a guide when Velious was released so it was already changed to Sunset.

Ya, I posted that one too above.

I wish I knew there was a screenshot contest. I have some great ones I haven't posted here yet.

I'll have to look but i think james was one of the twins that worked there as a dev. I cant really remember his last name for some reason but i clearly remember his brother to be a serious pot head.. when we'd take our breaks during the day he'd be out in his car smokin weed.

edit ..

wells james and eugene wells that what there names were

Does eqzoneviewer still work?

I had not heard of it before now.

I'll have to look but i think james was one of the twins that worked there as a dev. I cant really remember his last name for some reason but i clearly remember his brother to be a serious pot head.. when we'd take our breaks during the day he'd be out in his car smokin weed.

edit ..

wells james and eugene wells that what there names were

rofl that's hilarious. Ya I was curious if he had died or if he was just making his mark. Which I'm guessing is what this was about.

Thanks for the update :)