Get ur Meele up!!

Rygame

Reaction score
In Iceclad i dont know how often but this is the second time ive seen it on the map comes up a blank mob out in the ocean its an invisible mob but cant be targeted out in the ocean. Its blue to a 70 and has insane defense and does not fight back so its the perfect place to get ur botted meele skills up, This is from the Mith Marr server Im not sure if its serverwide. But if it is go get those skills up!!!

Loc? Name? Requires magical weapons to hit (and thus gain skillups)?

Throw us a bone, mate.

Use Map it will come up in the ocean towards the island you come in from North Ro, It will be a blue dot (as if a blue conning mob there) to a 70 but there will be no name right click the blue dot you shoudl be able to target it just warp to it.... thats the best i can give you its an invisble mob i'll check for locs if this patch doesnt screw up MQ

be careful with stuff like that. At one time I read that SoE was putting stuff that couldnt be seen by the normal player but can be by MQ users. It was being used to catch MQ users. Thats a cool way to skill up just be careful :)

Yea, SOE has been putting trap mobs up around for years... I would be carefull about this... if you cant see it but can target it, there must be something fishy there.

Yeah i thought of that also , but ive swam that route twice (its inbetween the two islands) so technicly i could find it then ttell my guild then i coudl coh them to it then they tell ohter people so it could be hacker free (IF i didnt use MQ) hence i can say i found out from somebody else by word of mouth... and so on and so on , the concept of trap mob (well at least this one) seems to be hard to actually pin it on somebody.

Anyone else ever beenin PoK, and sometimes if you look at the map, there are two priests of discord? (luclin server)Anyway, if you know the name of the mob that might be for catching MQ people, just /unload and then press the esc key (removes target). Then press f8, or /tar (mobname).

I've ran show eq and found a few unreachable mobs in old fp (not that matters now) unlike the Iceclad one you could not reach them im guessing unless you had /warp.

yea, the PoD has got me a few times .. I have noticed alot of Priest <name> and Priestess <name> running around pok... seen 5 of them yesterday interacting with people and a hidden GM next to them Tak something .. got kinda scared ..hehe

There's also as secret room in Qeynos Catacombs (around 0, 0, 0) that the GM summoned me to before she suspended me.

I remember a mob at the entrance of the temple of veeshan sounding just like the one you are talking about in iceclad. (Was a good three years ago)

It was an invisable mob but you could target with some effort. Then you could just swing away at it. You would never hit it (it would always dodge your blows) but it didn't fight back other than a few ripo's.

Yeah thats about it its invisbile no name just there if ou do kill it (after i nuked it 15 x ) it justs despawns.

True But...

Rygame said:
Yeah i thought of that also , but ive swam that route twice (its inbetween the two islands) so technicly i could find it then ttell my guild then i coudl coh them to it then they tell ohter people so it could be hacker free (IF i didnt use MQ) hence i can say i found out from somebody else by word of mouth... and so on and so on , the concept of trap mob (well at least this one) seems to be hard to actually pin it on somebody.

Yes it is true you could have found this mob on your own or through word of mouth, but SOE has been known to suspend and even ban players for exploiting things that didnt require MQ at all. Technicly they can and, if recent bannings are any indication, will ban anyone that even might use MQ. Personally I think they are being a bit silly. After all, after 7 years of play, 4 current accounts and 3 years service as a guide, I think they could cut a guy some slack on how he chooses to travle in the game, but that is just one mans oppinion.

Yeah the power corrupts sony its probably some guys have no life x_X taking out their rage on us just trying to enjoy the game to its fullest extent lol!

Lol, I found this mob the other night before the patch, if you check /track you will see it listed near the bottom as some named (invised). It is targetable but attack it is fruitless. I went with my 50's Bard and this mob is invulnerable to melee, and no spells land on him whatsoever, so in a sense getting melee skills up in impossible. Nothing went up at all after 10 minutes of trying. I have seen these through EQ, they are PH's for named spawns. If you ever do The Council of The Nine, there is one not far from that entrance also. Most times you can only target these mobs for a split second only.

ah okay i just attacked it with my pet so i had no idea if ur meele would go up or not , that sucks :(

no longer working

checked this out tonight no longer works as it is now invulnerable